It is the LMU student's responsibility to contact the employer and establish employment. Please read the Community Connections Disclaimer and review the Work Tips for Students before contacting an employer.
Updated: April 16, 2018
- Employer Name: Haleh Shapiro
- Employer Location: 115 Roma court
- Employer Email: email@example.com
- Employer Phone Number: (310) 850-8559
- Job Description: Babysitting position available starting ASAP. Help with three children with great routine and lovable personalities. Must be hands on, engaging and interested. Most important experience is kindness and ability to multitask.
Updated: April 9, 2018
- Employer Name: Playa Vista Swimming
- Employer Location: 6200 Playa Vista Drive, Playa Vista
- Employer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employer Phone Number: (424) 341-1787
- Job Description: We are looking for swimming coaches for our Children’s swimming team and instructors for private lessons. We are located in Playa Vista (between LMU and Marina Del Rey). Children’s coach – Our Children’s programs are on Monday thru Thursday 3pm-5pm, and Saturday afternoons (12pm to 2pm). We are looking for a coach who has experience with children’s group classes and can coach weekend swimming competitions. Swimming instructor – We need instructors for our Private and Semi-private lessons which are done weekdays and Saturdays 9am to 2pm. Starting at $30/hour. We only hire the best instructors! WSI and lifeguard certified would be preferred. If you are interested, please submit your resume to email@example.com To learn more about us visit www.playavistaswimming.com. Thank you.
Vegan Food Preparation
- Employer Name: Caryl Portnoy
- Employer Location: 4344 Promenade Way, Apt. 100, Marina Del Rey
- Employer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employer Phone Number: (310) 420-7862
- Job Description: I am looking for someone who enjoys and is interested in healthy cooking, as I have a special needs diet requiring me to eat an oil & salt free, vegan diet. I am flexible with scheduling, but I would typically need you to come to my home one day a week to cook a weeks worth of meals. You may also cook the meals at home and then deliver them to me if that works better for you! Please contact me to discuss details and pay. Pay will be around $20/hour depending on how many hours you need to cook the meals.
- Employer Name: Olivia Shores
- Employer Location: Not given
- Employer Email: email@example.com
- Employer Phone Number: (310) 650-2649
- Job Description: Looking for someone to teach my 11 year old twins viola. They know how to read music but they are beginners with this instrument.
Updated: April 2, 2018
- Employer Name: Carol Clyne
- Employer Location: 6675 W. 80th Pl. Los Angeles, CA
- Employer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employer Phone Number: (970) 749-7494
- Job Description: Available now. Within walking distance to school, car not necessary, my 96 year old mother is wheelchair bound and needs help getting out of bed in the morning, getting dressed, making her breakfast, light housework. Some evenings she will need assistance getting ready for bed.
Pay is $12 per hour for about 3 hours per day every day or possible to work only 5 days per week. Also would entertain the option of living in her house with your own private room and bath in exchange for caregiving.
- Employer Name: Christopher McArthur
- Employer Location: Santa Monica
- Employer Email: email@example.com
- Employer Phone Number: (562) 774-3898
- Job Description: Busy professional in video game industry seeks help with tasks, errands, and organization in personal life. I need someone who is very organized, detail oriented, is happy to roll with a bunch of different tasks & timelines, tech-savvy, has at their own car, easy access to Santa Monica/West-LA, and loves cats. Very flexible hours and timing. Some task deadlines would be immediate, but most are more flexible, and can be done on your schedule. Great for someone who needs to work evenings and weekends. I do everything digitally, so you must have your own computer and be comfortable with digital task lists, google drive, social media, etc.
Responsibilities include: Grocery shopping & purchasing household items, Organizing festival trips, tickets, and travel (EDC, Burning Man etc)., Feeding and caring for cat during travel. Personal errands (car repair, shopping), Dinner reservations & personal bookings, Organize handyman / cleaner & other house projects, paying bills and setting up automatic payments. Organize travel and all related items with regard to travel… e.g. car pickups, hotel requests etc. Managing appointments and calendar. Minor internet research. Eg: “A good place to eat Indian in ….”, “Best product for….”, etc. Home organization, eg: getting rid of clutter, organizing closets, hanging artwork, etc. Hours - Flexible - Targeting 15 hours/week, Pay - 20-25$/hour
- Employer Name: Mina Dugandzija
- Employer Location: Playa Del Rey
- Employer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employer Phone Number: (347) 328-3612
- Job Description: I am looking for someone that has experience walking, and preferably training dogs as well, to take my dog out for an hour-long walk Mon-Fri around 1pm. I’m working on my dog’s training and it is important that the person walking her follows the training instructions as well. I have a little staffy mix, so experience with bully breeds is a plus. Love for dogs, prior dog training experience, and responsible attitude are key. Initially, I would need someone once or twice a week but if all goes well it would be a 5 days a week commitment. I live in Playa Del Rey. $20/hour
Updated: March 19, 2018
Part Time Babysitter
- Employer Name: Michelle Leigh
- Employer Location: Marina Del Rey
- Employer Email: email@example.com
- Employer Phone Number: (310) 482-9697
- Job Description: We are looking for a part-time babysitter to look after our 3 year old daughter in Marina del Rey. We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible. We require that you have your own car. There is flexibility in schedule. We are looking for someone that has childcare/babysitting experience. Please be comfortable with pets. Responsibilities would include meal/snack prep when needed. We require that you have your own car. We're looking for a caregiver who likes being active outdoors, is imaginative and loves Arts and crafts.
Updated: March 12, 2018
- Employer Name: Laura
- Employer Location: 7911 Vicksburg Ave.
- Employer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employer Phone Number: (310) 488-4065
- Job Description: Working actor looking for a READER to run lines and help with self-tapes. Someone who is able to work with a fast paced schedule within a 12 hr notice. Primarily mornings and some weekends. Home office is located near LOYOLA so westsiders only. :) Must love dogs. 5-10 hrs per week. $13 per hour
- Employer Name: Emily Hodgson
- Employer Location: 7436 Denrock Ave.
- Employer Email: email@example.com
- Employer Phone Number: (310) 497-2586
- Job Description: I'm looking for a tutor for our 6-year-old daughter to help with reading and phonics on Monday or Thursday afternoons. The right person will preferably be an Education student.
Updated: Mar 6, 2018
- Employer Name: Katie Fillingame
- Employer Location: 8162 Manitoba St., #319
- Employer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employer Phone Number: (310) 717-6443
- Job Description: In search of a part-time summer babysitter for my 12-year-old son. Hours are 10 am - 1:15 with a drop off at El Segundo beach each day, so car is needed. Starting June 20 - July 19. More days/hours may be available; but these dates/times are solid. Please call or text if interested or know someone else that may be interested.
- Employer Name: Sondra Lender
- Employer Location: 7810 Kenyon Ave
- Employer Email: email@example.com
- Employer Phone Number: (310) 795-6595
- Job Description: We are looking for a fun, responsible and reliable babysitter for occasional gigs, probably once or twice per month - mostly for late afternoon/evening, every once in a while earlier in the day. Our two boys are ages 3 and 6, are easygoing and love to play at home. We live in Westchester very close to LMU. The pay is $20/hour. We'd love to find someone who will be here through the summer and the next year or two at least. Looking forward to hearing from you! Thanks.
- Employer Name: Sabrina E
- Employer Location: Palms
- Employer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employer Phone Number: (310) 562-8579
- Job Description: My husband and I need a Mandarin tutor for our daughter (6 years old). She is finishing her first year of kindergarten in an immersion program at Broadway Elementary. We are looking to keep up her skills throughout the summer starting with weekly sessions now and then twice weekly during the summer. $20 per hour. We are looking for someone with experience teaching young children and making learning fun as she currently loves her school.
Updated: Feb 26, 2018
- Employer Name: Colleen Salerno
- Employer Location: 6602 Kentwood Bluffs Dr.
- Employer Email: email@example.com
- Employer Phone Number: (310) 91-0979
- Job Description: Hello, I'm looking for a Latin tutor to help my high school son with Latin 2. No car necessary as we live in Westchester (we can pick you up or you can ride your bike). The perfect candidate will make tutoring engaging. We are offering $20 per hour and are flexible with the schedule.
Algebra Math Tutor
- Employer Name: Deborah Velthoen
- Employer Location: Westchester
- Employer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employer Phone Number: (310) 926-4506
- Job Description: Math Tutor needed for a creative 8th grader who struggles to concentrate in math class. Can meet up on campus in afternoons $20 each lesson.
Updated: Feb 12, 2018
- Employer Name: Angie Floyd
- Employer Email: email@example.com
- Employer Phone Number: (818) 442-4302
- Job Description: Professional and experienced sitter wanted on an on call basis for busy family in the Mid Wilshire area. Job entails providing supervision for a four year old. Start date is immediate, and duration is ongoing. Car/reliable transportation is required. The pay rate is $20 an hour.
After School Help
- Employer Name: Ángel Barragán
- Employer Location: 304 West Ellis Avenue
- Employer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employer Phone Number: (213) 222-3575
- Job Description: Hello there. Looking for someone who can help me pick up my daughter from school and transport her back home. Occasionally, you might need to pick up her brothers up from school but depends since they have practice. She goes to school in Hawthorne (Dana Middle School) and her brothers go to (Da Vinci High School). Both schools are 5 minutes away from each other. Looking for help on Wednesday, Thursdays and every other Friday. Must own car, safe driving record, excellent time management and be easy to talk to. Looking to hire someone in the next two weeks. Probably 2 to 3 hours a week - total.
Updated: Feb 5, 2018
- Employer Name: Tracey LeBlanc
- Employer Location: Mildred Ave.
- Employer Email: email@example.com
- Employer Phone Number: (310) 894-2416
- Job Description: Family looking for a reliable, loving caregiver for our five year old Autistic son. Would be willing to contract with caregiver agency to get paid about 15$ an hour with tip from family. Need a reliable car to get to and from our house in West Culver City. Would mostly be weekend nights and an occasional afternoon, mostly for a date night! Look forward to meeting you!
- Employer Name: Rev. Nicholas Barrett
- Employer Location: 171 Pier Avenue , #220, Santa Monica, Ca 90405
- Employer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employer Phone Number: (310) 428-7012
- Job Description: I have been requested to shot approximately (6) short videos of 180 seconds duration. I am a public speaker, and founder of an international ministry. I envisage that they could be shot on the bluffs of Playa Vista, keeping them dynamic and interactive in tempo. It will be a great deal of fun, over a morning. Please connect.
Updated: Jan 22, 2018
- Employer Name: Margaret Maurer
- Employer Location: 4241 Via Marina
- Employer Email: email@example.com
- Employer Phone Number: (818) 631-1941
- Job Description: Hello, my sweet 94 yr old Mother is in need of a driver with a car to help her with her independence. She needs transportation to her appointments and errands at least 4 days per week. She will work with your schedule but would be thrilled if she can continue to attend 8:30am morning mass on Tuesdays and Thursdays. She lives in Ladera Heights and would love help immediately! Pay is $20 per hour plus yummy grandma baked goods!
Helper Needed for 2nd Grade Kids
- Employer Name: Anne-Marie Ross
- Employer Location: Marina Del Rey
- Employer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employer Phone Number: (310) 985-4917
- Job Description: We are looking for a responsible and reliable person to pick up our 2nd grade daughter and one other 2nd grade girl after school in Marina Del Rey and take them to a local library (Playa Vista) for an hour of reading and homework. Then, take them to a nearby park like Playa Vista Park for playtime and snack until pick up at the park. Hours would be from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. each Wednesday and Friday. We can pay $15 per hour. Must have a reliable car that will safely hold two children in booster seats and clean driving record. We will supply the booster seats. If you or someone you know might fit this role, please let me know. Thanks!
Bakery Front Clerk
- Employer Name: Angel Maid Bakery
- Employer Location: 4538 S. Centinela Avenue
- Employer Email: email@example.com
- Employer Phone Number: (310) 915-2078
- Job Description: Looking for a friendly bakery clerk to assist customers with cake orders, packaging sweets, answering telephone, light cleaning, etc. Flexible scheduling. AM and PM shifts available.
Updated: Jan 17, 2018
- Employer Name: Britney Houston
- Employer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employer Phone Number: (270) 302-2214
- Job Description: Looking for a tutor for three boys age 4, 6, and 8 Monday- Friday from 12:30-5:00. This would include you picking up from school and driving home then doing homework with the boys and feeding them a snack. Start ASAP.
Updated: Jan 8, 2018
- Employer Name: Debbie Mackall
- Employer Email: email@example.com
- Employer Phone Number: (805) 452-1566
- Job Description: Run errands for my 88 year old mother who does not drive anymore. Get groceries and medications. Take her to appointments. Walk with her in the neighborhood. Help her with tasks in her house. A car will be needed. She would prefer Wednesday afternoons for 4 hours each week. $20 hour.
Updated: Jan 5, 2018
After School/Week Nights Child Care
- Employer Name: Gita
- Employer Location: Mar Vista Hill
- Employer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employer Phone Number: (310) 266-3144
- Job Description: Hi! I'm looking for afternoon child care help for my twin 11 year old sons (both are highly gifted so homework help is minimal). May include transportation to/from activities as well as light meal prep, unloading the dishwasher etc. We have a lovely housekeeper on a weekly basis. We live on the Mar Vista Hill about 10-15 mins from campus. I can always use extra evening and date night help too! I have always had LMU students to help us and our favorite sitters have all graduated. Would love to have you join us!
- Employer Name: Rebecca Saenz
- Employer Location: Playa del Rey
- Employer Email: email@example.com
- Employer Phone Number: (310) 924-4210
- Job Description: We are new moms and our son is 1 year old. We are looking for a fun, active and experienced babysitter/mother’s to help out a few days a week. This could be very flexible and based off of your schedule of classes, but in an ideal world 1 pm - 6 pm 2 days a week and a few evening babysitting times if that works out. It would include helping with feeding and walking to the park to play. We are flexible on hours and times/days but expect an average of approx 10-15 hours a week. Must be ok with a dog and cats. We look forward to hearing from you!
High School Tutor
- Employer Name: Lyn Alonzo
- Employer Location: El Segundo
- Employer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employer Phone Number: (310) 291-6738
- Job Description: Looking for a student to help my son with his homework and study for his sociology class (high school level). Flexible hours from 4 to 10 hours per week on weekday afternoons or evenings after 3 pm. will work with your school schedule. My home is in El Segundo so you must have reliable transportation to come to my home. $15 per hour. If interested, email your resume and unofficial transcript to Lyn at email@example.com.