The sorority and fraternity community at Loyola Marymount University consists of 22 chapters, 12 women's and 10 men's organizations. More than 1,700 students (more 26 percent of the total campus population) are involved in the community after formal recruitment.
Each registered fraternal organization at LMU is affiliated with a larger, national or international parent organization. These parent organizations are affiliated into four major fraternal associations. To learn more about each of these four associations, please click below.
Any organization not listed below is not registered with Student Leadership & Development and therefore is not affiliated with Loyola Marymount University. Students joining an unregistered group will not receive the same benefits and privileges of those who join registered groups.
- Alpha Chi Omega Sorority (ΑΧΩ)
- Alpha Phi Women’s Fraternity (ΑΦ)
- Delta Delta Delta Women’s Fraternity (ΔΔΔ)
- Delta Gamma Women’s Fraternity (ΔΓ)
- Delta Zeta Sorority (ΔΖ)
- Kappa Alpha Theta Women’s Fraternity (ΚΑΘ)
- Pi Beta Phi Women’s Fraternity (ΠΒΦ)
- Alpha Delta Gamma Men’s Fraternity (AΔΓ)
- Beta Theta Pi Men’s Fraternity (ΒΘΠ)
- Delta Sigma Phi Men's Fraternity (ΔΣΦ)
- Lambda Chi Alpha Men’s Fraternity (ΛΧA)
- Phi Delta Theta Men’s Fraternity (ΦΔΘ)
- Sigma Chi Men’s Fraternity (ΣΧ)
- Sigma Phi Epsilon Men’s Fraternity (ΣΦΕ)
Culturally-Based Fraternal Organizations
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. (ΑΚΑ)
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. (ΔΣΘ)
- Lambda Theta Nu Sorority, Inc. (ΛΘΝ)
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. (ΚΑΨ)
- Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. (ΦΒΣ)
- Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. (ΣΓΡ)
- Sigma Lambda Beta Men’s Fraternity (ΣΛΒ)
- Sigma Lambda Gamma Sorority (ΣΛΓ)
Greek Life Recruitment
Formal recruitment for IFC Fraternities takes place in September and January. Formal recruitment for Panhellenic Sororities takes place once a year in January. Each Culturally-Based Fraternal Organization has their own recruitment process.
If you are interested in an organization outside of a formal recruitment period, please click here to release your GPA and Judicial information to the organization(s) of your choice.
University Policy Regarding Recruitment
Require that all new members have completed 12 graded academic units and earned a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA in order to join the organization. Spring first-time, first-year students and transfer students are eligible to participate in spring recruitment.
You may email Greek Life with any questions.
The Semester Reports contain our philanthropy donations, service hours and GPA of our registered Greek organizations: