Student Leadership & Development utilizes the Event Proposal Process to evaluate, approve, and support large-scale student events.
Large-scale events may be defined as meeting one or more of the following criteria:
- Alcohol will be served
- Significant number of off-campus guests
- Over 300 attendees
Online Event Proposal
To complete the Event Proposal process (if instructed to do so):
- Complete the Online Event Proposal Meeting Form
- Schedule an Event Proposal Meeting with Student Leadership & Development at least three weeks prior to the event. Meetings take place every Wednesday at 2:30pm.
- Meet with staff from across campus to finalize decisions regarding the event at the Event Proposal Meeting. Those in attendance at the Event Proposal Meeting may include representatives from Student Leadership & Development, the event venue, Public Safety, Conference and Event Services, Sodexo Campus Services, the Student Housing Office, Off Campus Student Life, Facilities Management, the OneCard Office, and the sponsoring organization's Advisor.
- At the completion of the event, an evaluation meeting may be conducted with the organization.
Once approved, Event Proposals are a contract between the university and the sponsoring organization. Any changes to the Event Proposal must be discussed with and approved by Student Leadership & Development.
In the event that the organization does not adhere to University policies or the approved Event Proposal, the organization may be prohibited from planning events for a specified amount of time determined by Student Leadership & Development.
Event Diagram for Campus Locations
Log into LMU EXP Online to view diagrams of potential locations for your event.
Contact Student Event Scheduling
Office: Malone Student Center 103
Phone: (310) 338.2877
Fax: (310) 338-5963