Faculty Students Course Listings Forms Meet the Team
- A pedagogical method that requires students to engage in organized service activities, guided reflection, and critical analysis.
- Students and faculty advance the LMU mission in a focused and integrated manner by learning about the community from first-hand experience.
- Community partners build organizational capacity, fulfill their mission and enhance programs through LMU student involvement.
Community Partners & Placement Sites
Engaging over 130 community partners and organizations on a range of social justice issues including:
Education Food and Hunger Restorative Justice Immigration
A full-service resource for supporting faculty and students interested in CBL.
- Collaborate with faculty on integrating the components of CBL into curriculum.
- Match service placements that will provide experiences complementary to learning goals.
- Administer all aspects of the relationship between LMU and our community partners.
- Provide guidance to students about service placements and transportation strategies.
- Assess the efficacy of the CBL experience with students, faculty, community partners.
- Collaborate with the Center for Teaching Excellence in offering periodic CBL discussions.
- Provide a yearly seminar/workshop for faculty interested in CBL.
Agencies can submit CBL project proposals by clicking here.