Alternative Breaks Program
The mission of LMU's Alternative Break Program is to promote service and cultural exchange on the local, national, and international level through hands-on, community based learning. Students are immersed in diverse contexts with concrete challenges that heighten social awareness and inspire lifelong social action.
Alternative Breaks Program Goals:
- Raise awareness about social injustice and the structures that perpetuate it.
- Immerse participants in a new cultural context.
- Encourage members of the LMU community to approach service as a partnership with the community being served.
- Encourage reflection and spiritual examination in the context of service and action.
- Develop critical thinkers that will reflect about social conditions and the roots causes of problems.
- Take initiative to take action and create social change.
For more information, contact Jessica Viramontes, Alternative Break Program Coordinator at 310.338.2959 or firstname.lastname@example.org