LMU Campus Recreation’s Learn-to-Swim Program provides instruction to help swimmers and adults of all ages and abilities develop their swimming and water safety skills. It is designed to give students a positive learning experience. Participants will establish a foundation that can be built upon as they progress through the program and the various levels. LMU Campus Recreation offers Group (June-August),Private, and Semi-private lessons for participants of all ages.
Create an ActiveNet Account
- Active Net Account Creation for LMU Students, Faculty, and Staff here
- Active Net Account Creation for Burns Rec Members and Non Members here
- Visit the ActiveNet site to create your account and register for swim lessons here
**Burns Rec Members must call the Membership Office prior to purchasing lessons to retrieve the coupon code necessary to receive the Burns Rec Member Discount. Refunds for lessons purchased without a coupon code must be requested within 7 days of purchasing the lessons.
How to Register for Swim Lessons
**A processing fee will be applied to all online registration.
- Create an Active Net Account (directions above)
- Visit the ActiveNet site and sign in
- Follow the instructions listed here
- For Burns Rec Members with individual memberships, please contact the Membership Services office at 310.338.1720 for a coupon code to receive the Burns Rec Member Discount. All Burns Rec Members with family memberships will receive the discount without the coupon code. Coupon codes must be retrieved before lessons are purchased.
Swim Lesson FAQs
Swim Lesson Newsletter
Swim Lesson Brochure
Cancellation / Refund Policy
During normal business hours, please call the Membership Office 310.338.1720 or the Burns Rec Center Front desk 310.338.2912. Cancellations MUST be made 24 hours prior to the scheduled class for a full refund or credit. Cancellations for weekend lessons must be made by Friday at 5pm. Only one lesson can be rescheduled per package. No refunds or credits will be issued if a cancellation request is placed less than 24 hours prior to the lesson.Instructors will wait 10 minutes for late arrivals. After this time, it will be counted as a "no show" and no refunds or credits will be granted. If a participant falls ill or has a medical emergency, a signed medical statement from a physician must be received in order to receive a credit.