Join Us for "Relax in the Stacks" (Academic School Year Only)
Need a little stress relief after a strenuous workout or a long day? Sign up for a 30-minute table massage appointment with our certified massage therapist, Claire Brown. Massage sign ups are on a first come, first serve basis. Massages will occur every Monday & Wednesday from 6-8pm in the William H. Hannon Library room 324 (level 3 classroom). *Availability is subject to change due to university holidays and breaks*
Students $20 (30 minutes)
Faculty/Staff/Alumni $25 (30 minutes)
How to Sign Up for a Relax in the Stacks Massage
- Create an Active Net Account
- Account creation instructions for LMU Students, Faculty, and Staff here
- Account creation instructions for Burns Rec Members and Non Members here (does not include LMU Students, Faculty, and Staff)
- You may visit the Active Net site to create your account here
- Visit the ActiveNet site to log in & book your massage
For All Appointments
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, you may do so prior to 5pm on the day before your massage. Please contact the FitWell Center at email@example.com to do so.
- Please arrive 5 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment in order to check in and fill out necessary paperwork.
- Appointments must be made more than 24 hours in advance (you can schedule an appointment on the day of if availability exists-to do so please stop by the FitWell center, 1st floor of the Burns Recreation Center).
- If walk-in appointments are available, only cash or check payable to LMU will be accepted as payment.
- Massages available during the academic school year only.
SPRING SPA DAY
Sunday, March 19th from 12-4pm in the Bird Nest receive a 15 minute massage for only $5 from a certified massuse. To sign-up follow the same directions for Relax in the Stacks.
Meet the Massage Therapists...
Claire Brown - Certified Massage Therapist
Claire is a certified, licensed, and insured masasge therapist. She focuses on healing from the inside out and specializes in reiki and energy work. Along with table massages, Claire offers pressure point and deep tissue therapy. She resides in Westchester and has been practicing in the Los Angeles area since 2006.
Michelle Nakamura (Skye)- Certified Massage Therapist
Skye is a certified, licensed, and insured massage therapist. Along with table massages, Skye also specializes in Deep Tissue, Reflexology, Polarity, chair massage, and hot stone massages.
She has been practicing in the Los Angeles area for 12 years.
Jenn Tamera - Certified Massage Therapist
Jenn is a certified, licensed, and insured massage therapist. In addition to massages, Jenn specializes in energy healing, meditation, and yoga. She has been practicing in the South Bay area for many years.
What should I wear?
Please wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing or workout clothes. If you would like the therapist to focus on your legs, please wear shorts to the appointment.
What will the table massage be like?
Table massage includes an upper (back, shoulders, neck) and lower (legs) body massage performed by a licensed massage therapist. The client may voluntarily remove clothing for the upper body portion if preferred, or stay fully clothed. The client can request light, medium, or deep pressure, even hand reflexology and scalp massage. *No lotion or oil is used during the massage.
Can I request the type of massage/technique?
Absolutely! Techniques used: Acupressure, percussion, compressions, and stretching.
"Relax in the Stacks" is a joint initiative of the FitWell Center and the William H. Hannon Library.