Think Pink 5k
Thank you all who joined us on Saturday, October 22nd, 2016 at 9:45am for our 10th Annual Think Pink 5k Run/Walk. Thanks to your generous contributions, we were able to raise $2,460.98 this year for the American Cancer Society: Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. This event was brought to you by Campus Recreation, ASLMU, Athletics, Delta Gamma, Sigma Lamda Gamma, & LMU Service Organizations.
***Congratulations to all of our Think Pink 2016 participants! To see your race results, please visit: http://pacificcoasttiming.com/results/#raceid=578439&gender=A&page=1&courseid=871607.***
Follow the links below to see pictures from the event:
Photobooth pictures: https://lmu.app.box.com/s/pm1mqazm0dr6v4qk00000cmolkt0k1ya
Course pictures: https://lmu.app.box.com/s/vq7zxje1h8tgc6fs935uluf9oa1ogy7k
- Participants run/walk a 1.5 mile fairly flat, looped course that begins in front of Gersten Pavilion and travels around the LMU Campus; including Ignatian Circle, along the bluff, and between the Leavey residence halls. Participants complete the course twice, running or walking, making 2 full laps.
- Think Pink 5K Run & Walk Course Map
Early Registration and Payment:
- Registration Form Fall 2016 (day of race only)
- Online Pre-Registration preferred. Paper registration & payment turned the morning of the race (Donations welcome even if not participating in the run/walk!). If registering by paper, accepted forms of payment include Cash or Check (payable to LMU).
Race Day Check-In & Registration
- Day of race registration and check in was from 8:15 – 9:15am in the Burns Recreation Center parking lot. Registration and check-in closed at 9:15am (30minutes before the race begins).
- Race began promptly at 9:45am.
- The first 200 entries received a Think Pink 2016 Dry Fit T-Shirt.
- Water stations, treats, and raffle prizes.
- First place winners (male and female) received an award.
- The group with the highest percentage of their members participating (residence hall, service org, etc.) received a free Group Fitness class of their choice (Yoga Flow, Zumba, Cycle, TRX, or Boot Camp)!