Please feel free to contect or just stop by the LGBT Student Services office with any questions or to pick up valuable resources and information.
Office: Malone Student Center 201
Mission of LGBTSS
The LGBT Student Services Office at LMU will:
- Promote equality, visibility and inclusion of LGBT students within the LMU community.
- Provide support for the LGBT student community and individual students.
- Serve as the primary resource and support center for students of all orientations and gender identities by creating an inviting, safe, confidential and inclusionary atmosphere within the Office.
- Provide all members of the University community with resources, education and information about sexual orientation and gender identity.
- Engage the University community in regular dialogue about the intersection of sexual orientation and gender identity with issues of faith, religion and culture. Within these dialogues, the Office will place a particular emphasis on these intersections as they relate to the University ethos of Interculturalism and the principles of Catholic Social Teaching.
Meet the LGBTSS Staff
Director of Leadership Programs and LGBT Student Services
Anthony is originally from Wichita, Kansas, and has worked at LMU for the past seven years. He has a B.A. in Sociology from Loyola University New Orleans, an M.A. in Educational Psychology from Pepperdine University, an M.A. of Theological Studies from Loyola Marymount University, and is currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Education, Curriculum and Culture from Chapman University.
In his current role in SLD, Anthony supports leadership development and student advocacy through working with ASLMU, Off Campus Student Life, LGBT Student Services and the Ignatian Leadership Institute. He also supports the Division of Student Affairs through aiding in the coordination of the LMU EXP.
Anthony says his favorite part of working with students is, “Being able to help support them in their own development in becoming the best versions of themselves… and learning about new catch phrases and hashtags. #squadgoals.” A fun fact about Anthony is that he pole vaulted in high school, and in 2003 held the Kansas 3A Boys Pole Vault record with a jump of 15-00.00’!
Coordinator, LGBT Student Services
Lauren Moreno is presently working at the LGBT Student Resource Center at Loyola Marymount while simultaneously earning her Masters degree in Educational Studies. She graduated from Mount St. Mary's University with her BA in philosophy and with a double minor in pre law and sociology. When Lauren is not at school or volunteering with the LGBT Center in Hollywood she enjoys watching scary movies and working in her garden.