How do I apply to The Learning Community?
Applicants are encouraged to apply for the program after the College Commitment deadline on May 1.
Apply to join The Learning Community by submitting the application and your resume highlighting extracurricular activities, leadership positions and achievements by the June 26, 2017 deadline.
You will then participate in an interview with TLC staff.
During Orientation you will have an opportunity to register for classes. For scheduling purposes, we ask all applicants NOT to register for any courses on Monday from 4:30-5:45pm during the fall semester.
FAQs About TLC
Why participate in TLC?
- Develop leadership skills to make a difference within the LMU community and beyond
- Learn what it takes to be successful at LMU
- Get a head start on university life
- Get plugged into campus resources and exclusive opportunities through your participation in the program
- Attend multiple outings to discover the cultural aspects of Los Angeles
- Live in a LMU residence hall
- Meet faculty, staff and key administrators before school starts
Who can participate?
- Incoming freshmen only
- Enrollment is limited to 30-40 students
How much does it cost to participate?
Nothing. The TLC program is completely FREE.
What are the requirements of the program?
- Students must attend the entire duration of the summer program
- Student must attend ALL daytime, evening and weekend programs
- Student must live in on-campus housing throughout the duration of the summer program (free of charge for participants)
Fall & Spring Program
- Student must enroll in TLC@LMU one-unit courses during fall and spring semesters of their freshman year
- Student must attend events/activities and be involved in community projects/opportunities to receive full benefit of the TLC@LMU program
Where do students stay during the Summer Program?
First two weeks: Participants live together in an LMU residence hall. Participants transition to their permanent LMU residence hall during the last week of the program.
When does TLC begin?
- TLC begins three weeks prior to the start of the academic year (second weekend in August)
- 2017 Summer Program Dates: Saturday, August 5 through Thursday, August 24
I have a vacation or conflict during the summer, can I still participate in TLC?
Participants are required to participate in the entire duration of the summer program. Only emergencies will be accommodated.