JOINING GUARDIAN SCHOLARS PROGRAM
- There are 3 ways to get involved with the Guardian Scholars Program!
- Participate in the Guardian Scholars Program through social activities and meet with the Guardian Scholars Program Coordinator to receive individualized services and support (e.g. preparation for life after college such as Graduate school programs and employment opportunities).
- Become a Guardian Scholar! Each eligible student will participate in a paid on-campus internship, enroll in an internship course and meet with the Guardian Scholars Program Coordinator.
- Become a Guardian Scholar Mentor! Serve as a leader in the student mentoring program for the Guardian Scholars community!
Program Eligibility Requirements
- Qualify for admission to Loyola Marymount University as a freshman or transfer student. See the Admissions website for more information on eligibility.
- Be a highly motivated student who has at least one day of foster care experience from 0 - 18 years old (e.g. foster care, group home, or placed with a relative by the court) or qualify for Independent, Homeless or Emancipated student status.
- Complete the Guardian Scholars Program application and interview process.
- Be a full-time LMU undergraduate student (at least 12 units per semester).
- Maintain good academic standing.
Summer Guardian Scholars Program
- Interested in learning more about our Summer Guardian Scholars Program? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.