NAVIGATING THE BLUFF
Transfer Programs is here to help you get engaged and involved at LMU. We help you in a few different ways...check them out!
10 Reasons for Getting Involved
- Students who get involved are more likely to be satisfied with their college experience and persist to graduation.
- College gets boring without new friends and new experiences!
- Getting involved provides you a sense of connection that you won't have if you hurry from class, to your job, to your off-campus residence.
- Getting involved outside of the classroom reinforces the learning that happens inside the classroom.
- Students who get involved get to make a difference because they learn how to get things done.
- LMU graduates who are former student leaders are known all over Los Angeles; you too can be part of this group of doers.
- Students who don't get involved until they are close to graduating regret they didn't do it sooner.
- Students who get involved learn important life skills and grow in ways that they weren't expecting.
- Employers want to hire people who know how to work with others.
- It's true, you will get out of LMU and your college experience what you put into it!
What Up Week?
Want to know what's going on ALL over campus each week? Check out What's Up Week in your LMU Lion email account and Transfer Programs Facebook page every Monday for all of the events and programs happening on the bluff.
Throughout the semester, you may feel the need to relax, unwind, and reconnect with other transfer students who are also adjusting to life on the bluff. Stop by the Transfer Programs Office for regular events like dinners and take-alongs to campus events, all designed with you in mind. Check it out!
- Meet & Greet: Transfer Programs kicks off each semester with a meet and greet for all new and current transfer students. It's an evening of fun, food, and mingling and provides a great opportunity to begin your involvement at LMU.
- Monthly Dinners: Who doesn't like free food? Join Transfer Programs once a month for dinner and fun with other transfer students.
- Take-Alongs: We know a new school can be overwhelming and fun events might be a little intimidating. Have no fear, Transfer Programs is here! Meet up with current transfer students in our office to head over to great campus events throughout the semester!
- Study Breaks: We know midterms and finals can be difficult, so come on by Transfer Programs Study Breaks for food, fun and study materials!
Do you want to get involved right away? Transfer Friends is a registered student organization that is designed with you in mind. It provides opportunities to meet, mingle, and engage with each other and the University. Transfer Friends works to connect transfer students to their LMU community by providing a welcoming environment where students can learn about clubs, organizations, and other resources available to them. The ultimate goal of Transfer Friends is to ensure that transfer students transition to LMU is smooth, happy, and filled with friendship! If you are interested in Transfer Friends and would like to join, please send your name, phone number, and current email address to TransferFriends@gmail.com. And PLEASE email with any questions you may have.
Join the Facebook group: LMU Transfer Friends
- Check out Student Leadership and Development to learn about LMU clubs, organizations, and Greek community!
- Interested in media? Learn more about our student radio station KXLU 88.9 FM, student newspaper The Los Angeles Loyolan, student television station, ROAR Network, and The Tower Yearbook!
- Show your Lion Pride by attending Athletic games year-round!
- Join the largest club at LMU, the Christian Life Community (CLC)! Students come together to reflect, pray and share
with each other!
- Want to explore your faith? LMU offers different retreat programs to deepen your faith in a variety of ways!
- Come out for a weekend service trip to Tijuana, Mexico through De Colores!
- Spend your Tuesday convo hour volunteering with Feed The Hungry! At 11:30am, students gather outside the steps of Sacred Heart Chapel to make and pack lunches. At 12:15pm (during convo hour), LMU community members drive to Santa Monica to share lunches with the homeless and hungry.
- Come out for our weekly masses! The Mass Schedule is available through Campus Ministry!
- Check out our student group Hillel and the programs provided by Jewish Student Life!
- Community service is a large aspect of the LMU community and a great way to give back to our local communities.
- LMU partners with a number of organizations throughout Los Angeles in need of volunteers.
- Check out the Center for Service & Action to learn more about volunteering!
- Want to serve as a mentor to high-risk inner city youth? Participate in our El Espejo program!
- Want to participate in a year-long process of service, reflection and concrete social change? Consider joining the Underwings Praxis to make a difference for the members of the Dolores Mission Community!
- Are you interested in global education and service learning? Look at our Ignacio Companions trips, study abroad locations, and alternative breaks options!
- Want to volunteer with our local schools in the Westchester area? Learn how to become a LMU Student Volunteer for the Family of Schools!