Welcome to LMU!

In order to qualify for education benefits provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs, a student must be accepted into an LMU academic program and enrolled in classes which meet requirements for an approved bachelor’s or master’s degree, credential, or other VA approved programs.

If you have any questions regarding the certification process please contact Bri Jarcho, the LMU VA Certifying Official. You may contact her by phone (310.338.4464), or by email

We invite you to attend our Transfer BBQ  in July! We look forward to seeing you at Transfer Orientation in August!

VA Certification Documents

All of the following documents must be submitted to the VA Certifying Official in the Office of the Registrar (Von der Ahe 150) either in person or by fax to 310.338.4466.

  • Send a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility (COE) letter to the Registrar's office. This letter from the VA details the type of benefit you have, your percentage of eligibility and the amount of educational benefits you have remaining. 
    • If your COE has changed, an updated copy of your COE needs to be submitted to the Registrar's office.
  • Complete the Semester Benefits Entitlement form (each semester)

Financial Aid

The admissions process does not stop at applying to the school of your dreams. The next step is ensuring you can finance your education.

Please note: the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is not required to receive veteran’s benefits including the Yellow Ribbon program.


  • Join the Student Veterans Organization!
  • Stop by the Veteran Programs Office in Malone 201 to learn more about the services available to veteran students and veteran dependents. Check out our student lounge area!