Check out our LMU departments that provide additional resources and support for our student veterans! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact our point people! They are ready to serve you!
Academic Resource Center
- Designed to aid in the academic success of all students by providing one-on-one writing assistance, group tutoring
sessions based on course content, and additional advisement as students’ transition into LMU. The ARC also houses the First To Go Community, which provides academic support for students who identify as first-generation college (i.e., neither parent has a bachelor's degree from the U.S.).
- Contact: Daum Hall 202 | email@example.com
Academic Transfer Services
- Provides academic support for your success at LMU.
- If you have any questions regarding the transfer course evaluation, your major or need additional academic direction, Academic Transfer Services is your academic advocate for success.
- Contact: Tom Gutto | Director | Von Der Ahe 150 | 310.388.1922 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dedicated to fostering the mission of Loyola Marymount University, especially the service of faith and the promotion of justice. The campus ministers support the many programs and activities that meet the spiritual needs of our students.
- Contact: John Galvan, S.J. | Chaplain | Sacred Heart Chapel | 310.338.7534 | email@example.com
Career and Professional Development
- Enhances the student academic experience by providing tools for personal discovery, fostering and developing relationships
with the LMU, regional, national and global communities, and facilitating lifelong career exploration and fulfillment.
- Contact: Liz Powell | Career Specialist, Career and Professional Development| Von der Ahe 140 | 310.338.3959 | Elizabeth.Powell@lmu.edu
Center for Service & Action
- Offers students and graduates a range of opportunities to volunteer their time serving their communities. CSA offers
opportunities ranging from local service groups to alternative break programs.
- Contact: Lorena Chavez | Assistant Director for Community Engagement | St. Roberts Hall Annex | 310.338.2959 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Disability Support Services
- Provides specialized assistance and resources for students with ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Learning, Physical or Psychiatric disabilities to achieve maximum independence while achieving their educational goals. Services are offered to students who have established disabilities under federal and state law. All discussions will remain confidential.
- Contact: Priscilla Levine | Director | Daum Hall, Second Floor | 310.338.4216 | email@example.com
Financial Aid - Veteran Benefits
- Assists students with financial resources to help them achieve their educational goals. All financial aid counselors are
available to assist veterans with questions or concerns regarding their veteran aid.
- Contact: Von der Ahe 270 | 310.338.2753 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial Aid - Yellow Ribbon Program
- Assists with the Yellow Ribbon qualification and funding process.
- Contact: William Brooks | Yellow Ribbon Coordinator | Von der Ahe 270 | 310.338.2753 | email@example.com
Off Campus Student Life
- Addresses the needs and concerns of LMU’s off-campus student population, including housing resources and programs to connect students with the LMU Community.
- Contact: Sarah Babb | Director | Malone Student Center 101 | 310.568.6262 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Office of the Registrar
- Maintains students’ academic records and determines students' VA benefits eligibility and certification.
- Contact: William Salvini |School Certifying Official | Von der Ahe 150 | 310.338.5765 | VA.email@example.com
- Provides customer service and counseling to help students meet their financial obligations at the university.
- Contact: Lisa Villasenor | Account Specialist | Von der Ahe 250 | 310.338.4407 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provides programs and services to bring students together within a community on campus.
- Contact: Steve Nygaard | Director | Leavey 6 Apartment 101 | 310.338.5522 | email@example.com
Student Psychological Services
- Provides confidential services for students, including individual and group counseling, walk-in consultations, emergency psychological services, and psycho-educational outreach programming. Student Psychological Services also offers specialized counseling and programming for student veterans, as well as faculty and staff trainings on issues relevant to the student veteran population.
- Contact: Anna Lock, Psy.D | Psychologist | Burns Recreational Center, Second Floor | 310.338.2868 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Helps facilitate the transfer students to campus life by offering programs and services.
- Contact: Jamie Meugniot | Program Coordinator for Guardian Scholars, Transfers and Veterans | Malone Student Center 301 | 310.338.6254 | Jamie.Meugniot@lmu.edu
- Provides support and resources for veteran students to engage with each other and learn about various departments on campus and how each can serve the student.
- Contact: Julia Keighley | Associate Director of Student Success | Malone Student Center 301 | 424.568.8387 | email@example.com
William H. Hannon Library
- Supports the teaching, learning, and research needs of the students of Loyola Marymount University. During the academic year, the library is open 24 hours a day, 5 days a week. We are open until midnight on Friday and Saturday.
- Contact: Jennifer Masunaga | Librarian | William H. Hannon Library 124 | 310.338.5360 | firstname.lastname@example.org