VETERANS APPRECIATION WEEK
During the week of Veterans Day, Veteran Programs collaborates with different departments and organizations to create a campus awareness of our faculty/staff/student veteran population at LMU through educational programming. In 2009, the Student Veterans Organization was created to not only serve veterans and veteran dependents but to also educate the LMU campus about veteran issues. Thus, Veterans Appreciation Week was born and has continued to be a part of our commitment to creating an awareness of our LMU student, staff, faculty and alumni veterans within our LMU community.
Join us for a weeklong of events to celebrate our veteran community!
Monday, November 10: Candlelight Vigil
- Join the LMU community to pay tribute to veterans that have served our country.
Tuesday, November 11: Annual Veterans Day Luncheon
- LMU honors our student, staff, faculty and alumni veterans for their contributions to our country and campus.
Wednesday, November 12: Night at The Loft
- Stop by The Loft between 4:30pm-7pm to honor our veterans! All veterans receive 2 complimentary beers! Must have One Card, valid state license and be over 21 years old to attend this event.
Thursday, November 13: Student Veterans Organization Clothes and Food Drive
- Stop by the Student Veterans Organization table to donate clothes and canned/dried food for veterans.
Friday, November 14: AFROTC Flag Ceremony
- Come out to the AFROTC Flag Ceremony to conclude the weeklong of events.
Download the 2014 Veterans Appreciation Week schedule of events!
See below for our 2014 Veterans Appreciation Week of events!
Veterans Day Luncheon
Since 2009, LMU celebrates the Veterans Day Luncheon to honor our veteran students, staff, faculty and alumni for their service to their country and contributions to our LMU community. Veteran Lions Make us a Stronger Pride!
To RSVP for LMU's Veterans Day Luncheon on Tuesday, November 11, 2014, please visit the Alumni Relations website.
Veterans Night at The Loft
Join us on Wednesday, November 11th to celebrate a Night at The Loft! All veterans receive 2 free beers!
For any questions, please contact Veteran Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 424.568.8387.