VETERANS APPRECIATION WEEK
During the week of Veterans Day, Veteran Programs collaborates with different departments and organizations to create a campus awareness of our faculty/staff/student veteran population at LMU through educational programming. In 2009, the Student Veterans Organization was created to not only serve veterans and veteran dependents but to also educate the LMU campus about veteran issues. Thus, Veterans Appreciation Week was born and has continued to be a part of our commitment to creating an awareness of our LMU student, staff, faculty and alumni veterans within our LMU community.
Join us for a weeklong of events to celebrate our veteran community!
Monday, November 4th: LMU Military Exhibit in the William H. Hannon Library
- Learn about LMU’s military history by viewing original materials from the University Archives.
Tuesday, November 5th: Student Veterans Organization Boot Camp & Care Package Drive
- Support our Student Veterans Organization care package drive for deployed troops.
Wednesday, November 6th: Hunger Banquet
- Join the LMU community to discuss the global movement to address the injustice of poverty.
Thursday, November 7th: Annual Veterans Day Luncheon
- LMU honors our student, staff, faculty and alumni veterans for their contributions to our country and campus.
Friday, November 8th: AFROTC Flag Ceremony
- Come out to the AFROTC Flag Ceremony to conclude the weeklong of events.
Monday, November 11th: Veterans Day at The Loft
- All veterans receive 2 free beers at The Loft starting at 4:30pm! Must RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to be put on the list. Must have One Card, valid state license and be over 21 years old to attend this event.
Download the 2013 Veterans Appreciation Week schedule of events!
See below for our 2013 Veterans Appreciation Week of events!
Veterans Day Luncheon
Since 2009, LMU celebrates the Veterans Day Luncheon to honor our veteran students, staff, faculty and alumni for their service to their country and contributions to our LMU community. Veteran Lions Make us a Stronger Pride!
To RSVP for LMU's Veterans Day Luncheon on Thursday, November 7, 2013, please visit the Alumni Relations website.
Veterans Day at The Loft
Join us on Monday, November 11th to celebrate Veterans Day at The Loft! All veterans receive 2 free beers. Must RSVP to email@example.com for this event.
For any questions, please contact Jennifer Ellspermann at firstname.lastname@example.org or 424.568.8387.