Student Health Services
Student Health Services (SHS) strives to create a safe and healthy campus community for all by providing those services, opportunities, and experiences which support academic pursuits and personal development.
Student Health Services is a full service medical office and is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC). Our health care team includes physicians, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, an x-ray technologist, and trained support staff.
The entrance to our office is located on the north side of the Burns Recreation Center (BRC) building opposite the Seaver construction site.
Get Your Flu Shot At Student Health Services
The flu affects approximately 5% to 20% of U.S. residents annually, with 200,000 people hospitalized for flu-related complications each year. See that you are vaccinated against the flu. Student Health Services provides the flu vaccine to students by appointment only. The cost is $25 and would be billed to your student account. To learn more about the flu, visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/lmu.shs or visit www.cdc.gov/flu/keyfacts.htm .
Watch this video that highlights the services we provide to students:
Student Health Services Mission Statement
Student Health Services is dedicated to providing those services, opportunities and experiences, which compliment academic pursuits, facilitate personal development, and create a safe and healthy campus community. Student Health Services is supportive of the University mission and efforts to retain and graduate intelligent well-informed, faith-filled men and woman.
- To provide cost-effective healthcare with uncompromising quality.
- To insure accessible health care services for all students.
- We are committed to treatment of disease and to the care and maintenance of the spiritual, intellectual, emotional, and physical life of the diverse individuals we work with and for.
- To promote healthy along with lifestyle choices and assist students in the pursuit of their academic goals and personal development in a warm, sensitive, and professional environment.
- To participate in the education of the entire person -- mind, body, and spirit.
- To serve as a resource for students, staff, and faculty.