Insurance & Billing
Charges for Services
There is no charge for the healthcare providers' professional services. However, students may incur charges for medications, lab work, x-rays, immunizations, and necessary medical supplies. Charges are posted to the student account maintained in the Controller's Office. Payments to your student account can be made online at Student Account Online Payment or in-person at the Controller's Office. The Controllers' Office accepts payments by check, credit card, or Flexi Dollars. Payment can also be made at SHS but only by check.
SHS does not bill health insurance plans. Students may obtain an itemized list of charges from SHS to submit to their health insurance plans for reimbursement.
To view a list of Student Health Services charges go to PRICES. These prices are subject to change without notice
Insurance and Billing
For information on insurance and billing, please read the following:
- LMU requires all full-time graduate and undergraduate students (enrolled in seven credit hours or more) to have health insurance in case you need surgery, hospitalization, specialty medical care, or other services outside the scope of SHS.
- The LMU endorsed Student Health Insurance Plan provided by Aetna Student Health Services provides coverage for both accident and/or a sickness. All full-time students are automatically enrolled in this plan. Students who have a personal or family health insurance plan may waive out of this plan option. To waive out of the Aetna Student Health Insurance Plan, students must apply by navigating to www.aetnastudenthealth.com, Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, and completing the necessary wavier form.
- The annual premium for the Aetna Student Health Plan is $2,251 for the coverage period August 1, 2016 to July 31, 2017.
- For a summary of the highlights for the Aetna 2016-2017 Student Health Insurance Plan, please see University-Endorsed 2016-17 Student Health Insurance Plan Highlights
- For Information on a summary of the school sponsored Aetna Student Health Insurance Plan, please see 2016-2017 AETNA Health Insurance Pamphlet
- For instructions for filing claim, please see How to Submit a Bill to Aetna Insurance
- For instructions on how to print your Aetna Student Health Insurance Plan card from the web, click here: How to Print Your Aetna Card
- Claims under the Aetna Student Health Student Health Insurance Plan is administered by Chickering Claims Administrators.
- For answers to the most frequently asked questions about the LMU Student Health Insurance Plan, please see Student Health Insurance 2016 - 2017 Frequently Asked Questions .
- The accident-only plan is mandatory for all full-time students except those who are enrolled in the Aetna Student Health Insurance Plan.
- The accident-only plan is underwritten by the QBE Insurance Corporation and is administered by A-G Administrators. The plan covers the cost for accidental injury only and is secondary to the student's primary health insurance plan. For more information regarding the plan, see: LMU Mandatory Accident/Injury Insurance Plan Brochure 2016 -2017
- The annual premium for the accident-only plan is $142 and the coverage period is from August 1, 2015 to August 1, 2017.
- To submit an accident-only claim: LMU Student and Athletic Accident Insurance Claim Form.
- For instruction about submitting a Student Athletics Excess Accident Medical Insurance Claim, please see: Mandatory University Student Accident and Injury Health Insurance
If you have questions regarding the Aetna Health Insurance Plan, please call Aetna Student Health at (877) 409-7356, or visit the Aetna website.