If you have experienced sexual or interpersonal misconduct, we strongly encourage you to take advantage of University resources and file an official report with both the University and the police.

Below is a list of resources available to you if you are seeking support.

I want to...

Speak with someone confidentially

LMU Community Resource Advisors

LMU Community Resource Advisors (CRAs) may speak confidentially with students regarding incidents of Sexual Misconduct and interpersonal misconduct without automatically triggering a University investigation into the matter.

Student Psychological Services (SPS)

SPS has mental health professionals available for students in crisis. During regular office hours, you can call SPS or come to the office. A therapist will see you without an appointment if you have an emergency.      

  • Phone: (310) 338-2868
  • Website:
  • Location: Entrance is on the north side of the Burns Recreation Center, on the second floor (directly above the Student Health Center)
  • Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Wednesdays from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
  • Note: A therapist is available 24 hours a day. During regular business hours, please go directly to SPS to speak with an available therapist; after hours, please call the SPS office at (310) 338-2868 and follow the prompt to reach a therapist.

Student Health Center

If you are a victim of sexual assault, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence or stalking, you will be offered a general medical examination by a licensed health care provider. You can call ahead or walk into their office.    

Pastoral Counseling

To receive confidential pastoral counseling, you may request to speak with a Jesuit, woman religious or ordained pastor in performance of their ministry duties.

  • Phone: (310) 338-2860
  • Website:
  • Location: Malone Student Center, Suite 210
  • Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Notify the University and/or file an official complaint

Department of Public Safety

If you choose to report an incident of sexual or interpersonal misconduct, you may register a Student Conduct Code complaint with the Department of Public Safety. This is a separate process from filing a criminal complaint with law enforcement.

Student Affairs Resource Administrators (CRAs)

A resource of the Student Affairs Dean of Students Office, SARAs are trained members of the Student Affairs team who will assist you in identifying University and external resources, regardless of whether or not you choose to report the incident to law enforcement. A SARA will also be assigned to the respondent. The SARAs are not able to serve as advocates during the university or criminal judicial process, but will serve as a resource for you.

  • Phone: (310) 338-2885
  • Location: Malone Student Center, Fourth Floor, Office 401

Title IX Coordinator

LMU’s Title IX Coordinator is responsible for overseeing all complaints of sexual or interpersonal misconduct, and will provide information about the grievance process and resources that the University can provide, including academic and housing arrangements, and is also the point of contact in the case of retaliation against any reporting party.

  • Name: Sara Trivedi
  • Phone: (310) 568-6105
  • Email:
  • Location: University Hall, Suite 1900

Department of Judicial Affairs

The Department of Judicial Affairs is responsible for holding students accountable to Student Conduct Code violations. Once a sexual or interpersonal misconduct complaint is filed, the department will assign a Judicial Advisor to assist you through the university judicial process. They will also keep you informed of the final disciplinary finding (responsible or not responsible).

In addition, here is a list of off-campus resources available to you.

Get emergency medical treatment and have evidence collected and preserved

Rape Treatment Center

The Rape Treatment Center at Santa Monica-UCLA Medical Center can provide general medical treatment and, if you choose, collection of evidence. A specially trained nurse will perform the evidence collection exam, and a support person of your choice may be present throughout the procedure. The center also provides long term counseling support for victims of sexual assault and sexual violence, as well as advocacy and accompanying services.

  • Phone: (310) 319-4000
  • Website:
  • Address: 1250 16th Street; Santa Monica, CA 90404
  • Hours: Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week

File a criminal report with the police

Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD)

Law enforcement officials will assist you in filing an official complaint, collecting evidence and recording statements for a criminal case. LMU is located in the district of the Pacific Community Police Station.

Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department (LASD)

Law enforcement officials will assist you in filing an official complaint, collecting evidence and recording statements for a criminal case. LMU is located in the district of the Marina Del Rey Station.

Call an emergency hotline

Los Angeles Rape and Battering Hotline

The Los Angeles Rape and Battering hotline is a confidential non-judgmental support service where staff and volunteers are available to provide emotional support, advocacy, information and referrals. The hotline is operated by Peace Over Violence, a community-based and volunteer centered organization.

Los Angeles County Stalking Hotline

The “Love Me Not” Anti-Stalking Program is a 24-hour hotline offered by the LA County District Attorney’s office to assist victims of stalking.

  • Phone: (877) 622-0044
  • Hours: Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week

Los Angeles County Domestic Violence Hotline

The LA County Domestic Violence Hotline helps victims find a safe way out of abusive environments. This toll-free service routes Southern California victims of domestic violence directly to local trained personnel.                          

  • Phone: (800) 978-3600
  • Hours: Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week

Community resources

Legal Aid Foundation

Family law attorneys provide legal advice to financially eligible low-income individuals regarding sexual assault and domestic violence.

  • Phone: (800) 399-4529
  • Website:
  • Address: Toll Family Law Counseling Center, Superior Courthouse
                   111 N. Hill Street, Room 245; Los Angeles, CA 90012
  • Hours: Clients are seen Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8:30AM-11:30AM and 1:30PM-3:30PM. Closed Tuesday & Thursday. No appointments, walk-ins only.

Los Angeles County Bar Association’s Lawyer Referral Service

The Lawyer Referral and Information Service is a nonprofit public service that allows members of the public to find a qualified attorney and get general information about common legal issues. There is no cost to access information or to get a referral to an attorney.

YWCA Greater Los Angeles

In a safe, non-judgmental atmosphere, the YWCA offers sexual assault survivors the support they need, and extends this support to family and friends. The program also provides information on rape trauma and refers survivors to appropriate medical, legal and social services.

  • Phone: (323) 296-0920
  • 24-Hour Crisis Hotline: (877) 943-5778
  • Website:
  • Address: 2501 W. Vernon Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90008

Emergency and medical services

Marina Del Rey Hospital Emergency Room

  • Phone: (310) 823-8911 x5100
  • Website:
  • Address: 4650 Lincoln Boulevard; Marina del Rey, CA 90292

Centinela Freeman Regional Medical Center, Centinela Campus

Saint John’s Health Center

Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center Emergency Department

Torrance Memorial Medical Center/South Bay

Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center – Torrance

  • Phone: (310) 540-7676
  • Website:
  • Address: 4101 Torrance Boulevard; Torrance, CA 90503