Need a little stress relief after a strenuous workout or a long day in class at Loyola Marymount University? Join us for 'Relax in the Stacks', a joint initiative of the FitWell Center and the William H. Hannon Library.
Sign up for a 30-minute table massage appointment with one of our certified massage therapists today!
Appointments & Cost
Massages will occur every Monday and Wednesday from 6:00-8:00pm in the William H. Hannon Library, Room 324 (Level 3 classroom).
Massage therapy appointments are available during the academic year only.
Students: $20 (30 minutes)
Faculty/Staff/Alumni: $25 (30 minutes)
Make an Appointment for a Massage
Create an Active Net Account
- Create your ActiveNet account.
- Log Into ActiveNet and book your massage, using these ActiveNet Relax in the Stacks Instructions.
Massage Appointment Policies
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, you may do so prior to 5pm on the day before your massage. Please contact the FitWell Center at firstname.lastname@example.org to do so.
- Please arrive five minutes prior to your scheduled appointment in order to check in and fill out necessary paperwork.
- Appointments must be made more than 24 hours in advance. You can schedule an appointment on the day of if availability exists-to do so please stop by the FitWell Center, first floor of the Burns Recreation Center.
- If walk-in appointments are available, only cash or a check payable to Loyola Marymount University will be accepted as payment.
- Massages available during the academic school year only.
Meet our Certified Massage Therapists
Claire Brown is a certified, licensed and insured massage therapist. She focuses on healing from the inside out and specializes in reiki and energy work. Along with table massages, Claire offers pressure point and deep tissue therapy. She resides in Westchester and has been practicing in the Los Angeles area since 2006.
Michelle "Skye" Nakamura
Skye Nakamura is a certified, licensed and insured massage therapist. Along with table massages, Skye also specializes in Deep Tissue, Reflexology, Polarity, chair massage and hot stone massages.
She has been practicing in the Los Angeles area for 12 years.
Jenn Tamera is a certified, licensed and insured massage therapist. In addition to massages, Jenn specializes in energy healing, meditation and yoga. She has been practicing in the South Bay area for many years.
What should I wear?
Please wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing or workout clothes. If you would like the therapist to focus on your legs, please wear shorts to the appointment.
What will the table massage be like?
Table massage includes an upper (back, shoulders, neck) and lower (legs) body massage performed by a licensed massage therapist. The client may voluntarily remove clothing for the upper body portion if preferred. You can request light, medium, or deep pressure, even hand reflexology and scalp massage.
Can I request the type of massage/technique?
Absolutely. Techniques used include Acupressure, percussion, compressions, and stretching.