Looking to offer a wellness presentation to your organization, team, or group? The FitWell can tailor a program to meet your group’s needs. Presentations range from 45 minutes to an hour long and are provided by the Assistant Director for Fitness & Wellness or peer educator team. Requests must be made at least two weeks in advance to allow for preparation, and payment is required prior to the event date as a reservation deposit. The following presentation topics are available. Custom presentations available by request only.
Cost per presentation varies depending upon the session requested. Please contact the FitWell for more information at (310) 338-3049 or email email@example.com.
- Overtraining: Physical and Psychological Effects as well as proper Nutrition
- Healthy Eating “The NEW in Nutrition”
- Physical Fitness “The FITT in Fitness”
- "HEART"- How to lead a balanced life at LMU
- Custom fitness classes for residence halls or groups: CORE-tastic Abs, Pilates, Yoga, Kickboxing
- Stress & Wellness at the Bluff and Beyond
- Aromatherapy - The Natural Therapy
- Energy Drinks - "What are you actually putting into your body?"
Individualized Nutrition Analysis
Meet one on one with a peer educator to review your 24-hour food log journal as part of our Individualized Nutrition Analysis. Sample meal plans are provided as well as nutritional education and resources.
Service is not provided by a Registered Dietitian or nutritionist. Visit EatRight to locate a dietitian or nutritionist in your area.
Body Composition Test
Our In-Body Composition 520 machine is designed to calculate your body fat percentage, muscle mass, water weight, and the proportional muscle in each appendage. Each Burns Recreation Center member is allowed up to three free tests per semester. However, one must wait 8-10 weeks in between each test. No appointment is necessary. Stop by the FitWell Center during our regular hours of operation for your assessment. Before coming in for your test, be sure to remember:
- No caffeine, alcohol or nicotine at least four hours prior to testing.
- Avoid exercise on the day of the test.
- Avoid meals two hours prior to the testing (light snacks okay).