Loyola Marymount University's Campus Awareness Resource Education Services (LMU CARES) provides education to the campus community about resources, support and policies at the university regarding sexual and interpersonal misconduct and prevention.
Through the LMU CARES website or an LMU CARES workshop or program, the campus community can learn:
- What constitutes sexual and interpersonal misconduct
- What is consent?
- How to be an effective bystander and step in to help others
- What to do if you or a friend experience sexual or interpersonal misconduct
- What resources are available both on- and off-campus to support someone who has experienced misconduct
- What training events and programs are taking place to continue to bring awareness to and encourage the prevention of sexual and interpersonal misconduct at LMU
Contact LMU CARES
Please contact LMU CARES for more information on programming and training in the areas of healthy relationships, consent, bystander intervention and sexual assault prevention.
Office: Malone Student Center 403
Phone: (310) 258-4381
LMU CARES Staff
Briana Maturi, Special Assistant to the Senior Vice President for Student Affairs, oversees LMU CARES at Loyola Marymount University — a role she has held since July 2013. She previously served as the Assistant Director for Residence Life at LMU and also serves as an instructor in the Ignatian Leadership Institute. She previously worked in residence life positions at University of Massachusetts Amherst and Capital University.
She earned a Bachelor of Arts at the University of Maryland and a Master’s in Higher Education and Student Affairs from The Ohio State University. Her areas of expertise include student housing and residence life, professional and student staff training, leadership development, first-year and sophomore year experiences, and judicial affairs and student conduct.
Phone: (310) 258-8628