At Loyola Marymount University, all incoming students must:
- Review the Consent for Treatment form.
- Review the Notice of Privacy Practices.
- Complete Tuberculosis (TB) screening and/or testing.
- Provide documentation of two measles/mumps/rubella (MMR) immunization or proof of immunity (blood titer).
How to Complete the Entrance Requirements
To complete your Student Health Services Entrance Requirements, first access the MyHealth portal by logging into my.lmu.edu. From the top menu, click on "Systems Logins" and select the "MyHealth" link.
Once you're in the MyHealth portal, complete the following steps:
- 1: Review & Acknowledge Forms
- 2: Complete TB Screening
- 3: Complete Immunization Entry Form
- 4: Upload Your Records
Please review and acknowledge the following forms:
- Consent for Treatment and indicate agreement by checking the box. If you are under 18 years old, download Consent for Treatment of a Minor form located in download forms. Print this form and have it signed by your parent or guardian and submit it to SHS.
- Notice of Privacy Practices and acknowledge by checking the box.
IF listed as required on MyHealth portal, please complete the TB Risk Screening Questionnaire.
Students from Country with High Incidence of TB
Students born in a country with high incidence of TB (see list) or students who answered “YES” to any of the questions outlined on the TB Risk Screening Questionnaire MUST:
- Enter the date of TB skin or blood test within the last 12 months on the Immunization Entry form.
- For positive blood or skin TB test you MUST submit a Chest x-ray report.
Input your immunization/testing dates.
Upload copies of your immunization records and, if applicable, TB test records and chest x-ray report to MyHealth portal.
FAQs About the Entrance Requirements
What are the SHS entrance requirements?
SHS entrance requirements are:
- Proof of two Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR) Immunizations or blood test showing immunity (blood titer).
- Tuberculosis Screening Questionnaire AND if necessary, TB clearance (TB skin (PPD) or blood test (interferon gamma release assay) or Chest X-ray).
- Consent for Treatment, or if a minor (under the age of 18), Consent for Treatment of a Minor.
- Acknowledgement of the Notice of Privacy Practices indicating you have reviewed the document.
- No physical exam is required.
How do I complete these requirements?
- Go online to MyHealth Portal:
- To be able to access the MyHealth Portal you must be registered and enrolled in classes.
- To access the MyHealth Portal, log on to “my.lmu.edu” with your LMU username and password. Under the “System Logins” menu, you will find “My Health”; this will take you to the patient portal.
- The portal is a secure site where you can complete the first part of your entrance requirements, update your medical and immunization history, schedule appointments, message SHS staff, obtain lab results and view charges.
- Once in the MyHealth Portal, choose the “Forms” tab on the left side and complete the following online forms: Review the Consent for Treatment and indicate agreement by checking the box.
- Enter the dates of your immunizations or the date/results of your blood test for immunity (blood titer) on the Immunization Entry form.
- Choose “add immunization records” and upload a copy of your records indicating proof of two MMR immunizations or a report for the blood test showing immunity (blood titer).
- Review the Notice of Privacy Practices and acknowledge by checking the box.
- Complete the Tuberculosis (TB) Screening Questionnaire.
- The following documents may be required and must be submitted to SHS as soon as possible by email, fax, or in person.Consent for Treatment of a Minor. If you are under 18 years old, you will need to submit this form which may be found on the MyHealth Portal, in the download forms section. Please print this form and have it signed by your parent or guardian.
- Proof of a TB skin or blood test in the past 12 months if you answered “yes” to any of the items on Tuberculosis (TB) Screening Questionnaire.
- Proof of a negative chest x-ray only if you have a positive TB skin or blood test. We will accept an x-ray report signed by a healthcare provider. You do not have to submit the actual film.
- Submit these documents, In person: SHS is located at the Burns Recreation Center, Ground Floor Level, North; By mail: 1 LMU Drive, MS 8455, Los Angeles, California, 90045; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Fax: (310) 338-4417
Do I have to complete the entire Immunization Information Entry form on the MyHealth Portal?
Yes. We strongly recommend that you enter ALL the immunizations you have had in the “Immunization Information Entry Form” that is in the portal.
Where can I find my immunization records?
- Ask your parents/guardian if they have records of your childhood immunizations.
- Check with your family doctor’s office or pediatrician’s office.
- Try looking through saved documents from childhood.
- Check with your high school for immunization records.
- Contact your state health department; some states have registries.
What if I had the MMR immunizations but am not able to obtain documentation of them?
You can get a blood test called an MMR titer. You must submit your titer results showing immunity to meet requirements. If the blood test does not show immunity, you will need a MMR booster shot.
Is there a way to waive out of the TB test (if applicable) and MMR immunization requirements?
No. You cannot waive out of the TB test (if required); it is considered a screening test and not an immunization.
The MMR immunization can be waived only for medical reasons, your health care provider (not a family member or LMU health care provider) will need to complete the Exemption to Required Vaccinations form and submit it to SHS. Note: Effective July 1, 2016, immunization exemptions does not recognize personal or religious reasons.
The vaccinations listed below are strongly recommended, but not required:
- Hepatitis B vaccines (3 total)
- Hepatitis A vaccines 2 total)
- HPV (Human Papilloma Virus) vaccine
- Influenza vaccine
- Meningitis vaccine
- Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis vaccine (Tdap)
- Seasonal flu
- Varicella vaccine (Chicken Pox) - Students with no history of vaccinations or a reliable clinical history of varicella infection, should consider having this immunization.
Please visit the My Health Patient Portal and enter your immunizations.
Download our Step-By-Step Guide
Having troubles completling the Entrance Requirements? Download the SHS Entrance Requirements Step-By-Step Guide.