Through their involvement in the Wellness Educator Program at Loyola Marymount University, students will broaden their knowledge on mental health issues, strengthen their presentation and leadership skills, and gain basic counseling skills.
This is a unique opportunity for LMU students who are interested in pursuing a career in mental health or those passionate about creating a supportive campus environment for students affected by mental health issues.
Wellness Educators commit to:
- A full academic year of service
- Mandatory training (August)
- Mandatory weekly meetings throughout the year
- A minimum of two presentations to the campus community each semester
- A minimum of one tabling event per semester
Wellness Educators must have a minimum of 2.5 GPA and be in good standing with the Office of Judicial Affairs. This is an unpaid position.
For questions, please call (310) 338-2868.
Wellness Educator Program Application
To join the Wellness Educator Program, download and complete the Application for the Wellness Educator Program and submit it to Student Psychological Services.