9.12.22 Community Standards
September 12, 2022
Dear LMU Students,
I hope the first two weeks of the fall semester went well for you and that you are enjoying all that LMU has to offer. As promised in my last email, I am back with another message and some important pieces of information:
- LMU Student Conduct Code – To help ensure the LMU community lives, works, and socializes safely together, we have standards that govern behavior. Please become familiar with the LMU Community Standards.
- How to Report Sexual and Interpersonal Misconduct – LMU takes all allegations of sexual and interpersonal misconduct very seriously and investigates all reported incidents. Please report all incidents of sexual and interpersonal misconduct.
- Good Samaritan Policy – The safety and well-being of LMU students is my top priority and I rely on all of you to take care of each other. Please do not let your own indiscretions cause you not to report a potentially dangerous or illegal situation.
- Restore LMU – Being in community with one another is a hallmark of an LMU education. Find out more about LMU’s restorative justice practices and conflict resolution.
- LEO – Are you ready to fully engage in Student EXP and the Student Affairs Pillars? It’s time to visit LEO to find student clubs and organizations, attend events, and track your involvement.
- COVID-19 – As a community we all need to do our part to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Wearing a mask, especially indoors or outdoors in crowded situations, is still the best way to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Surgical masks are available for students in Malone, VDA, University Hall, Campus Safety, Burns Rec Center, and the William H. Hannon Library.
- Teletherapy - TimelyCare, now available to LMU students, delivers access to 24/7 mental health care from anywhere in the U.S., at no additional cost. LMU students can talk to a licensed provider from a smartphone or any web-enabled device.
As always, please feel free to contact me or, better yet, stop by Malone 301 and say hello.
Terri L. Mangione, Ph.D.
Dean of Students and Vice President of Student Affairs
Malone Student Center 301