We are looking for AB leaders! This is an excellent opportunity to live out LMU's mission by being a man and woman with and for others and promote justice. If you are interested in being an AB leader please contact Alyssa Perez.
Proposing a Trip
Applications to propose a trip will open in April.
AB Leader Responsibilities
An AB Leader is someone who sets the tone for the trip. A good site leader empowers participants to excel and grow as individuals. This is a great leadership opportunity for those who are motivated & driven.
AB Leaders are responsible for the most important tasks in the program. Working with co-leaders and staff, selected applicants will prepare and lead a group of 8-10 students through an intense service and immersion trip, ensuring that participants receive the education and training they need in order to develop a genuine solidarity with members of the host community. Leaders are responsible for guiding their peers into new contexts where they will confront concrete social challenges. They are expected to lead by example in building positive group dynamics, cultivating interpersonal and intercultural sensitivity, facilitating the participation of all members, and leading the group in meaningful service and reflection.
In compensation for the time and energy expended by AB Leaders throughout the year, they will receive a financial discount of 50% of the particular trip costs.
An AB Leader is expected to:
- Respect and adhere to AB mission and goals.
- Engage their groups in education and reflection before, during and after the trip.
- Continually communicate with group for unity and safety.
- Cooperate with co-leader, staff leaders, and host community leaders before and during the trip to facilitate a smooth, safe, and meaningful experience for everyone involved.
- Assist the AB program in fundraising, and ensure that group payments are made.
- Meet with the staff/faculty assigned to their trip once a month leading up to the trip
- Lead preparation meetings (3 meetings before trip)
- Lead the group in re-orientation meetings
- Guide your group in post-trip actions related to your trip's issue