Arete (ah-rey-TAY) is the Greek word for goodness, excellence and character of virtue. The Arete Award, sponsored by the Marymount Institute, honors graduating students who have demonstrated their commitment to service and justice through off-campus volunteer service, especially with the poor and marginalized during their time at LMU.
Deadline to apply is Monday, April 12, 2021 by 1pm PST.
- Must be an LMU student graduating in Spring 2021 or Summer 2021
- Must have completed at least 250* hours of service during their time at LMU (hours can include Alternative Breaks, Special Games, and Community-based learning.)
Complete this LEO form in its entirety. You will be asked to submit the following:
- Basic applicant info
- Service hours summary and service supervisor contact info
- 1 page reflection answering the following questions: How were you transformed by your service? How will you continue to serve others and promote justice in your life after LMU?
- 4-5 sentence biography that includes your background, service summary, impact service had in your life, and your plans upon graduation.
- 4-5 sentence paragraph recognizing and expressing gratitude towards an agency/non-profit you volunteered with.
If you have any questions, please contact Assistant Director, Isabel, at Isabel.email@example.com
*service hours requirement has been reduced compared to previous years due to the COVID-19 pandemic.