The Center for Service and Action presents six Riordan Community Service Awards annually to recognize LMU students for their outstanding contributions in the area of community service, exemplifying the LMU's tradition of being people "for and with others."
Community service is defined as volunteer service outside Loyola Marymount University with a focus on solidarity and service in communities where the needs are greatest.
Selected recipients will receive a $1,000 award. Deadline to apply is Monday, April 12, 2021 by 1pm PST.
- Must be currently enrolled at LMU
- Must have completed at least 25* hours of service during one semester at one non-profit agency, church, or school
- Must have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Must not have any open conduct cases with OSCCR - judicial records of final candidates will be reviewed
Complete this LEO form in its entirety. You will be asked to submit the following:
- Basic applicant info
- Upload unofficial transcript
- Agency/non-profit info
- 1-2 page reflection describing your impact on the community you served, how you were affected by this service, and how you exemplified LMU's tradition of being "for and with others."
- 1 paragraph recognizing and expressing gratitude towards the agency you volunteered with.
- 2 letters of rec; at least one letter has to be from your off-campus placement supervisor AND that same recommender should confirm the amount of hours you completed in the letter. You are responsible for receiving and submitting the letters in this form. If your recommenders do not feel comfortable submitting their letters directly to you, they may email it to Assistant Director Isabel at Isabel.email@example.com
If you have any questions, please contact Assistant Director, Isabel, at Isabel.firstname.lastname@example.org
*service hours requirement has been reduced compared to previous years due to the COVID-19 pandemic.