The Donald A. Strauss Foundation partners with Loyola Marymount University for the opportunity to award an LMU student the opportunity to design a public service project. The scholarship will provide you with $15,000 to fund your service project.
Note: Your LMU financial aid will not be adversely affected if you are selected as a recipient.
- Demonstrated an interest in public service.
- Outstanding leadership potential.
- Developed and can demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Possess the desire to "make a difference" in local, regional, national or international communities.
- Have one full year remaining until graduation.
- Have GPA in the upper 1/3 of his or her class.
- Submitted an innovative, original, public service proposal & additional supporting materials.
- Sophomores and Juniors are eligible to apply.
- Application Summary (Download from Strauss website)
- One page resume
- One page personal essay
- Four page proposal that includes timeline and budget
- Two letters of recommendation
- If your project works with a community partner, a letter of support is needed from the organization's leadership
- Transcripts (photocopy is ok)
- Acceptance Agreement
Should you have any additional questions or are ready to submit your proposal, please email Daveon Swan.