The Donald A. Strauss Foundation partners with Loyola Marymount University for the opportunity to award an LMU student the opportunity to design a public service project. The scholarship will provide you with $15,000 to fund your service project.
Students interested in applying should contact The Office of National and International Fellowships. If an LMU student project is selected for funding, students will receive support and mentorship to implement their project from a staff member in The Pam Rector Center for Service and Action.
Note: Your LMU financial aid will not be adversely affected if you are selected as a recipient.
- Demonstrated an interest in public service.
- Outstanding leadership potential.
- Developed and can demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Possess the desire to "make a difference" in local, regional, national or international communities.
- Have one full year remaining until graduation.
- Have GPA in the upper 1/3 of his or her class.
- Submitted an innovative, original, public service proposal & additional supporting materials.
- Sophomores and Juniors are eligible to apply.
- Application Summary (Download from Strauss website)
- One page resume
- One page personal essay
- Four page proposal that includes timeline and budget
- Two letters of recommendation
- If your project works with a community partner, a letter of support is needed from the organization's leadership
- Transcripts (photocopy is ok)
- Acceptance Agreement
Should you have any additional questions or are ready to submit your proposal, please email The Office of National and International Fellowships.