Academic Year 2020 - 2021 FAQs
1. Can students work for LMU in Fall 2020?
A: Students who are enrolled in courses are eligible to work.
2. Can students work remotely if they are not residing in California at this time?
A: All students are eligible for remote work.
3. Can students work on-campus in the fall?
A: Only students who are living on campus in residence halls and those who are enrolled in classes on campus are allowed to work on campus.
4. Will Work Study be awarded in Financial Aid packages this year?
A: If a student qualifies for Work Study, based on their current FAFSA, funds will be awarded as usual.
5. If a student is awarded Work Study but does not work this semester, will they be paid their Work Study funds?
A: The Work Study award is an earnings potential, students must work in order to earn these funds.
6. Can a student work if they are not awarded Work Study?
A: Yes, students without Work Study may apply for and work in T-Work jobs, which are department-funded positions.
7. How do students complete an I-9 Form?
A: Processing of I-9 Forms will be done virtually. Students should contact SES at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment.
8. How does a student receive their paycheck if they work remotely?
A: We encourage all students to sign up for direct deposit. Complete the Direct Deposit Authorization Form and email it to email@example.com. Direct deposit takes at least one payroll cycle before it is activated. Or paychecks will be mailed to the student’s address as recorded in PROWL.
9. How do students find an on-campus or remote work job at LMU?
A: LionJobs is LMU’s online job board for on-campus and remote work opportunities. LionJobs can be accessed via student’s myLMU account.
10. Are there other job opportunities for students outside of LMU?
A: Yes. Student Employment Services offers Community Connections, a job board for community members looking for students to work in jobs such as babysitting, tutoring, personal driver, technology assistant, and more. Also, Career and Professional Development offers part-time off-campus jobs through Handshake.