It is the LMU student's responsibility to contact the employer and establish employment. Please read the Community Connections Disclaimer and review the Work Tips for Students before contacting an employer.
Updated: July 16, 2018
- Employer Name: Hindi by Reena
- Employer Location: Culver City
- Employer Email: HindiByReena@gmail.com
- Employer Phone Number: (217) 721-5099
- Job Description: Looking for an upbeat Hindi tutor interested in tutoring children ages 4-12. I will provide the syllabus and training. Need to be fluent in speaking Hindi. Candidates MUST have a car and driver's license. Salary: $25.00 to $30.00 /hour Time Commitment: Once a Week (for now)
- Employer Name: Nati Abbot Kinney
- Employer Location: 1225 Abbot Kinney, Venice, CA
- Employer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employer Phone Number: (805) 300-4853
- Job Description: Start-up fashion store seeking sales associate to help with growth of business. Fashion store with good foot traffic on popular Abbot Kinney. Meet customers from around the world. Labor to interact with new people easily and make recommendations. Process payments. Help with inventory. Responsible, timely and cheerful a must.
Updated: July 9, 2018
- Employer Name: Michelle Hagen
- Employer Location: 2417 Clark Ave
- Employer Email: email@example.com
- Employer Phone Number: (818) 531-2744
- Job Description: Looking for a fun, yet responsible, caregiver to my two sons, ages 9 and 12. Job duties are to pick up from school in North Hills on Monday and Tuesday afternoons and shuttle back to Venice Beach residence until I get home from work. Must have a car and insurance. Help with homework and start fixing dinner.
Business Card Distributor
- Employer Name: Ron Flexer
- Employer Location: 8176 El Manor
- Employer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employer Phone Number: (310) 498-4573
- Job Description: We need a personable female to hand out our business cards locally in Westchester. Pay is $15 per hour near La Tijera and Sepulveda. All you need to do is hand out cards to people on a public sidewalk. Fridays 6-8pm, Sat and Sun 11am-2pm. Call or email with any questions.
- Employer Name: Miguel Centeno
- Employer Location: 10008 National Blvd, 157
- Employer Email: email@example.com
- Employer Phone Number: (310) 782-4987
- Job Description: I am an entrepreneur (LMU Alumni). I need someone who is familiar with social media, marketing, typing and data entry. I bring the work to LMU library. We work together in one of those private study rooms. Minimum two hours per day but willing to work up to 25 hours per week. Spanish speaking and or French speaking a bonus but not a requirement. Hourly rate $12.
- Employer Name: Bekah
- Employer Location: Playa Vista
- Employer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employer Phone Number: (310) 570-9256
- Job Description: I am looking for someone who is available to occasionally babysit my son who is almost 2 years old. I need a babysitter for times when I have a doctor's appointment, need to run errands or perhaps enjoy a date night with my husband. I live in Playa Vista. No car is needed. I can offer $15 to $20 per hour depending on experience. I would prefer someone who is child CPR certified and can provide references.
Updated: July 2, 2018
Driver for Small U-Haul Truck to Albuquerque
- Employer Name: Deena Gonzalez
- Employer Location: Bleriot Ave
- Employer Email: email@example.com
- Employer Phone Number: (310) 338-1958
- Job Description: Paying all expenses (gas, motel, food) for someone to drive 15’ U Haul truck for me to Albuquerque leaving Westchester on Sat., July 7th, AM to arrive in Albuq. by Sunday, July 8th. Truck will be dropped off at home there. Return flight to be booked for Sunday or any day you wish to leave Albuq. back to LAX, SW airlines on wanna-get-away fare (times vary); please email me. Require DL & evidence of insurance; I will take out U Haul insurance on vehicle & contents of file cabinets, books, used furniture.
Open House Sign Placer
- Employer Name: Carlos Delgadillo
- Employer Location: Westchester
- Employer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employer Phone Number: (310) 946-2305
- Job Description: I am looking for someone local who can help place/pick-up 10 Open House Signs on Saturday, Sunday or both days. It would be best if you had your own transportation (preferably a truck) to easily load & unload signs, flags and sandbags. The job requires the signs to be placed in the morning and picked up in the evening (since the Open Houses are held between 2pm-5pm). I will provide a map that will show the exact location and direction of where signs need to be placed. Payment will be done in CASH and at the end of the day once signs are all returned. Pay rate is $25 ($20 for signs + $5 gas) and the overall time will depend on you. I would say it should take 30 minutes to place and 30 minutes to pick up, so... about an hour of work per day. Please contact me through email or text if you are interested. Thank you.
- Employer Name: Paul Salazar
- Employer Location: 2420 Castle Heights Ave
- Employer Email: email@example.com
- Employer Phone Number: (323) 683-5927
- Job Description: Wonderful family seeks an amazing nanny / caregiver for their three children. This position is 35 hours per week, M-F 11:30am-6:30pm. Ideal candidate is kind, professional, can handle multiple children, energetic, fun, responsible, reliable, respectful, organized, and has an interest in child development. Candidate must have childcare experience reflected in their resume. Hourly Pay: $20-30. Care of 3 children: 7 years (female), 5 years (male) & 3 years (male). Nanny Qualities: Patient and loving, provides firm guidance and sets boundaries, energetic and playful, is able to swim and play sports, an educator who understands and can support early childhood development. Duties: Picking up children from school, helping with homework, transporting children to activities, setting up play dates, playing with kids, reading to and with the kids, preparing meals, washing laundry for kids, keep rooms tidy and supervising bath time. Further Qualifications: Driver’s license with clean driving record; Early Childhood Education College Units/ Child Development College Units. Perks Include: Car for use when transporting children, gas reimbursement, paid holidays, if willing to travel all-expense paid working vacations (Hawaii, Palm Desert, San Francisco, etc.). Start Date: August 1st – August 15th 2018. If Interested Contact: Paul Salazar (Dad) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated: June 25, 2018
Part Time Mother's Helper
- Employer Name: Jake Laufer
- Employer Location: Santa Monica
- Employer Email: email@example.com
- Employer Phone Number: (703) 850-2909
- Job Description: We are looking to hire someone responsible ASAP to help us in the evenings a few days a week. Duties include meal prep for our charming kids (1 and 4), emptying/loading dishwasher, putting away groceries, light cleaning of kitchen/dining area, and keeping the big kid entertained as we put the little one to bed. We are in Northwest Santa Monica. (Montana Ave) Hours 6:15p-8:30pm (approx). Could offer some additional morning and weekend hours if interested. Rate: $18/hour.
- Employer Name: Lily Lin
- Employer Location: North Redondo Beach
- Employer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employer Phone Number: (714) 553-8241
- Job Description: Looking for child care in north Redondo Beach beginning September 2018 for Monday-Friday 11:30 am – 6:00 pm. Care would include picking up two children (ages 3 and 5) from school/daycare, feeding the 5 yr old lunch, and driving to various afternoon activities in the South Bay area. A car is preferred but may not be required and we will provide car seats; however, the applicant must have a driver’s license and a clean driving history. No long term commitment is required, but we will need help at least through November. Pay is $15/hour. Applicant must have childcare experience and references. Please email resume with any relevant experience or simply email and we can set up a phone call and arrange to meet. Thank you!
- Employer Name: MCD Properties Group
- Employer Location: Westchester
- Employer Email: email@example.com
- Employer Phone Number: (310) 967-7958
- Job Description: Remodeling house and need one or two people to assemble boxed, small furniture pieces, and a fire pit. Also, rebox household items for move. There are ongoing other projects "putting things" together. Work can be done in mornings or afternoons during the week or on weekends. $18 an hour. Prefer initial contact by email.
- Employer Name: Stephanie Moran Reed
- Employer Location: 400 Corporate Pointe, Suite 300
- Employer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employer Phone Number: (424) 269-4433
- Job Description: SeniorSensory is currently looking for music entertainers (singers and/or musicians), with a focus on popular songs before 1980, opera, jazz, classical or musical theater, to perform at senior residential communities*, including but not limited to: Singer, Guitarist, Violinist, Cellist, or Accordionist. *Location can vary. We currently service 12 senior communities in the following cities: Calabasas, Playa Vista, Santa Monica, Westwood, Hollywood, and Culver City. Experience working with seniors is a plus. Start Date: July 2018 Pay: $45 per 1-hour session.
Updated: June 18, 2018
- Employer Name: Paul Picard/Donna Binkiewicz
- Employer Location: Westchester
- Employer Email: email@example.com
- Employer Phone Number: (310) 686-0654
- Job Description: Tutoring in both conversational and written French. Review of high school French 1 and 2 with our 17-year-old son. 2-3 afternoons or evenings a week between June 18 and July 26, for 1 hour sessions. Pay of $30 per hour. Tutoring can occur on LMU campus.
Updated: June 11, 2018
Lifeguard for Swim Party
- Employer Name: Private Family
- Employer Location: 2919 Grayson Ave.
- Employer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employer Phone Number: (215) 888-6686
- Job Description: Looking for a lifeguard to work from 3-6pm at a children's swim party in the Venice area on Saturday 6/16. If interested, please email me.
- Employer Name: Robin Charin
- Employer Email: email@example.com
- Employer Phone Number: (310) 376-2250
- Job Description: We are an entertainment company specializing in Corporate Events and Kid's Parties. We are looking for Superhero and Princess types to perform at these events. We will train you :) It's easy and fun! A great way to make extra money. R.T. Clown, Inc. has been in business for 33 years.
Kids Art Party Hostess
- Employer Name: Art Camp
- Employer Location: 1705 South Crest Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90035
- Employer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employer Phone Number: (310) 699-4454
- Job Description: We are a rapidly growing creative studio that specializes in high-end, elevated art parties, workshops, and pop-up events for kids. We are looking for a few fun, fashionable, charismatic women to join our event team. This is a part-time position with room for growth as we continue to expand. Requirements: Must LOVE kids - ideally we are looking for prior art teaching and/or early childhood education experience. Background in Art and Design or you are a magical Art+Craft+DIY wizard. Must be willing and able to work mornings (sometimes as early as 7:30 am weekends (most events are on Saturdays and Sundays) and the days leading up to all major holidays. Must have a reliable car. Excellent references. Must pass Live Scan. Must be CPR+First Aid certified. Must live within 7 miles of our target areas to be considered (Santa Monica, Venice, Playa Vista, Culver City, Palms, Mar Vista, Brentwood, Westwood, Brentwood, Beverly Hills, Pacific Palisades) *****IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION, PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW THE APPLICATION STEPS LISTED BELOW. DO NOT JUST SEND A GENERAL RESUME. ***** Please respond to this ad with a brief cover letter outlining your art background, experience working with kids, and why you think you would be a great fit for our art party team. We will contact the most qualified candidates to arrange phone interviews.
Updated: June 4, 2018
- Employer Name: Ali
- Employer Location: Cheviot Hills
- Employer Email: email@example.com
- Employer Phone Number: (415) 971-2697
- Job Description: We are looking for a part-time babysitter to watch two kids - 7 and 5 - in the afternoons, Monday through Thursday approximately 2 - 6pm. Start date mid-July. Looking for someone with experience with kids and light driving around the west side to playdates & activities
Updated: May 29, 2018
- Employer Name: Daniel Hentschel
- Employer Location: Angelino Heights
- Employer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employer Phone Number: (310) 782-5152
- Job Description: Former LMU student and English teacher looking to collaborate with current LMU CompScience students. We want to engineer and launch a new app for High School students across the country. This project is paid. Email me to discuss the terms of the project, dates, and compensation. We are looking for a team of programmers so spread the word if you know anyone else on campus interested! Email me at: email@example.com
- Employer Name: Maris Goodstein
- Employer Location: Brentwood
- Employer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employer Phone Number: (917) 940-6476
- Job Description: Looking for childcare for our 16-month old son in the Brentwood community (near Montana and San Vicente). Our son is a lovable, fun, energetic little boy who loves to play, explore, read and laugh. Looking for a student who will match his energy and interests. Desired hours are 9:30-3:30 Mon-Fri but can be flexible. Additional weekend or evening hours might be available as well. Compensation is $15-$17 per hour depending on experience. No driving required (although student would need to be able to get to our apartment). Please email me if you are interested and we can set up a time to chat via phone!
- Employer Name: Tech Startup Santa Monica
- Employer Location: 3rd St. Promenade
- Employer Email: email@example.com
- Employer Phone Number: (424) 238-8771
- Job Description: Attention Photography lovers, enthusiasts, and professionals in the making! We're a VC backed start-up in Santa Monica and we've build some pretty great tech to help the photographer workflow during events while making the attendee experience better. This tech is unlike anything on the market, and has the potential to revolutionize the photographer/attendee experience. The tech is not hardware and wouldn't require any additional lugging around. We're building a group of photographers in the greater LA area for our closed beta program who are interested in getting paid to test this out during events (we can provide great event opportunities). You'll need a wifi camera (preferably Canon or Nikon) and an iPhone. If interested please call (424) 238-8771. Thank you for reading and we look forward to connecting.
Updated: May 21, 2018
- Employer Name: Chelsea Jacobs
- Employer Location: Playa Vista
- Employer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employer Phone Number: (720) 382-8464
- Job Description: Looking for childcare for our 2-year-old boy in the Playa Vista community located right next to campus. Flexible hours a few times a week during any of these windows. 8:30am - 11:30am and 2pm - 5pm. (Evenings and weekend babysitting options available as well.) No driving required. Desire to find an active and outgoing student. Compensation is $15-$18 per hour depending on experience. Please email resume with any relevant experience or simply email us about you and we can set up a phone call and arrange to meet. Thank you!
Special Needs Companion
- Employer Name: Carolyn Robb
- Employer Location: Manhattan Ave
- Employer Email: email@example.com
- Employer Phone Number: (310) 529-5950
- Job Description: Looking for committed, caring and active person to work with 22-year-old young man with autism. 10-15 hours a week with flexible schedule. Requires prior experience as a companion working with children or young adults on the spectrum. Degree in Special Ed a plus. Start: immediately. $15-18 per hour. Work 10-15 hours per week
- Employer Name: Roman Aroma Italian Gran Cafe
- Employer Location: Redondo Beach
- Employer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employer Phone Number: (310) 291-6202
- Job Description: Part time job minimum two days a week. Hours are flexible. Looking for a reliable barista and cashier who is eager to learn. We can train on our espresso machines. A passion for authentic Italian food a plus! Start immediately. Pay depending on experience. Lots of room for growth!
- Employer Name: Ashley Dann
- Employer Location: Redondo Beach
- Employer Email: email@example.com
- Employer Phone Number: (310) 308-8489
- Job Description: Looking for child care in north Redondo Beach, on most Wednesday evenings from approximately 5:00pm-10:00pm beginning August 29, 2018. Care would include picking up two children (ages 2.5 and 5) from school/daycare, feeding them dinner, and putting them to sleep (7:30pm & 8:00pm). Schedule would be 2-4 Wednesdays a month. If a good fit applicant was found, and regular work was desired, we could commit to every Wednesday. A car is preferred but may not be required, however the applicant must have a driver’s license and a clean driving history. The duration of the job is negotiable and no long term commitment is required, but we will need help on most Wednesdays for the next 1-3 years during the Fall, Winter, and Spring. Pay is $15/hour. Applicant must have ample childcare experience and references.
Updated: May 14, 2018
- Employer Name: Bob McGinness
- Employer Location: Baldwin Hills
- Employer Email: bob@TLK2BOB.com
- Employer Phone Number: (310) 403-1607
- Job Description: Looking for childcare for 8 year old girl. We live in the Village Green, just east of Culver City, and are looking for a student who drives to help care for our 8 year old special needs daughter. She is a bright, very verbal extrovert who loves art and horses, is on meds for ADHD and engages with and bonds very well to adults and older kids. One of her pieces of art was displayed at an LMU gallery this spring as part of a student artwork show. Times would vary due to our work schedule but might include weekdays 6:30am to 8:00 am or 3:00pm - 7:00pm (drop off and pick up from school) as well as additional babysitting hours. This is as needed, not regular hours but once hired we'd like to set up some weekly paid times so you could get to know our daughter. Desire to find a student with social-emotional skills and abilities. Compensation $12/hour and above, depending on experience. Please send resume or simply email us about you and we can set up a phone call and arrange to meet.
Updated: May 7, 2018
Children’s Choir Director
- Employer Name: El Segundo United Methodist Church
- Employer Location: El Segundo
- Employer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employer Phone Number: (310) 322-0051
- Job Description: A part time position, 10 hours/month, conducting the Children’s Choir in rehearsals and in selected worship services, developing the children’s musical skills through rehearsals and performances, coordinating with the Music Director, Pastor, and children’s parents with respect to music programs. Responsible for the acquisition of music, instruments and learning tools, as well as recruiting new members. Start date: as soon as possible. Pay: $25/hr for 10 hours a month
- Employer Name: Brian/Lisa Smith
- Employer Location: Ladera Heights
- Employer Email: email@example.com
- Employer Phone Number: (424) 222-0268
- Job Description: Looking for a tutor for our 12-year old daughter. Should be familiar with LAUSD common core lesson plans asap. In Math, Science, English, History, Writing, Reading and possibly Computer Science. At the rate $35 for one hour a night. Or $30 per hour, minimum two hours per night. Approximately 2-3 night a week. Must have your own transportation. Thank you.
Personal Assistant & Help with Kids
- Employer Name: Andrea Marriott
- Employer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employer Phone Number: (310) 756-2534
- Job Description: Hi There I am a busy mom of 4. I need someone to help me with advanced computer skills, making phone calls, picking kids up, doing fun activities with them to keep them busy, homework, and helping me get organized and ready for a big move in Aug. This job can start as soon as May 22. This will be summer only and pay range various on skill level. around 18.00 hr plus.
Part-Time Mother's Helper
- Employer Name: Darya Laufer
- Employer Location: Santa Monica
- Employer Email: email@example.com
- Employer Phone Number: (818) 400-1812
- Job Description: We are looking to hire someone responsible ASAP to help us in the evenings a few days a week. Duties include meal prep for our kids (1 and 4), emptying/loading dishwasher, putting away groceries, light cleaning of kitchen/dining area, and feeding/cleaning up after the little one. We are in Northwest Santa Monica. (Montana Ave) Hours 6:15p-8:30pm (approx). Could offer some additional morning and weekend hours if interested. Rate: $18/hour. Prefer somebody with a car, but not mandatory.
- Employer Name: Nina Junger
- Employer Location: Marina Del Rey
- Employer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employer Phone Number: (310) 486-6236
- Job Description: Looking for an ISEE tutor for my 13-year old son who will be taking the test in the fall for 9th grade entry…so it will be upper school ISEE tutoring. Ideal candidate will be in their last year of college or already have graduated. Preferably an education major and familiar with ISEE testing. 2 hours a week or more starting in the summer and continuing into the fall until the test is administered.