The LMU Partners Program provides work study students with the opportunity to work off campus with contracted non-profit organizations across the Los Angeles area. By working off-campus with these organizations, LMU students gain access to the non-profit sector of business, hone their business skills, and build their resume for future careers.
Information for LMU Students
The LMU Partners Program is open to undergraduate and graduate students who received a work study award in their financial aid package. Students have served as after-school art mentors, research assistants, film interns and more.
To apply for the LMU Partners Program, please visit LionJobs and search for "LMU Partners."
Current LMU Partners
- 9 Dots Community Learning Center
- Boys & Girls Club
- Edboost Learning Center
- The Emily Shane Foundation
- The Enrichment Center
- Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles
- The Pacific Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
- Santa Monica College Tutoring
- St. Bernard High School
- STAR Education
- Teach for America
- Venice Arts
Information for Community Partners
LMU Partners Program Qualifications
- The organization must be non-profit and provide proof of certification; i.e. tax exemption form.
- The work assigned to the students by the organization will be (a) in the public interest and (b) will not result in the displacement of employed workers or impair existing contracts for services. Both parties agree that no students will be denied work or be subjected to discrimination under this agreement on the grounds of race, color, religion, gender, national origin or disability.
- Once an organization is approved as an LMU Partner, the organization is willing to pay 25% of the actual compensation payable to each student employed at the organization/agency. The organization will be billed on a monthly basis by the University. The remaining 75% will be covered by the University’s work study funding. Lower percentage splits may be offered if the non-profit organization can demonstrate financial hardship.
Complete the LMU Partners Program Application today. Contact Student Employment Services at (310) 338-7606 for any questions.