Thank you for your interest in starting a new registered student organization (RSO) here at LMU! Listed below are the steps to apply and important information to keep in mind.
Fall 2023 Registration Information
Upon receiving new applications, a meeting will be scheduled with the Assistant Director for Registered Student Organizations to go over application materials, suggest any changes to the content of the documents and discuss next steps of the registration process. Student Leadership & Development endeavors to have a decision made within 30 business days, but circumstances may extend this time period.
• Host events or meeting (in-person or virtually)
• Advertise or market the organization, including social media
How to Apply
- Browse the organizations listed on LEO to ensure that your organization idea does not already exist.
- Begin working on your organization's constitution. Click here to view a sample constitution. Your constitution will provide structure and the framework for how your RSO operates and is considered the backbone of your RSO.
- Recruit a full-time & exempt LMU staff or faculty member to serve as your organization's advisor.
- Recruit at least 10 students to join your organization.
Make sure you complete all of the above requirements or your application will not be able to advance and complete the registration process. Benefits of registration include:
- Ability to reserve on-campus spaces for events and fundraisers
- Access to a LEO portal for your organization
- Eligible to request funding from the Associated Students of Loyola Marymount University Student Activity Fee Allocation Board (ASLMU SAFAB)
- Access to an on-campus bank account
- Approval to recruit new members
Ready to Apply?
Click here to access the New Registered Student Organization Application. Student Leadership & Development staff will review new received applications on a weekly basis and may suggest changes to the content of the documents.
Please direct questions to Sabrina Merritt, Assistant Director for Registered Student Organizations, at Sabrina.Merritt@lmu.edu.