Thank you for your interest in starting a new registered student organization (RSO) here at LMU! Listed below are the steps to apply and important dates to keep in mind.
RSO Open Enrollment Dates
- October 29 - November 11, 2018
- March 18 - March 31, 2019
How to Apply
- Browse the organizations listed on LEO to ensure that your organization idea does not already exist.
- Begin working on your organization’s constitution. (Click here to view a sample constitution.) Your constitution will provide structure and the framework for how your RSO operates and is considered the backbone of your RSO.
- Recruit a LMU staff or faculty member to serve as your organization’s advisor.
- Recruit at least 10 students to join your organization.
Make sure you complete all of the above requirements or your application will not be able to advance and complete the registration process.
Benefits of Registration
- Ability to reserve on-campus spaces for events and fundraisers
- Use of the Loyola Marymount University name or logo
- Access to a LEO portal for your organization
- Eligible to requesting funding from the Associated Students of Loyola Marymount University Student Reserve Board (ASLMU SRB)
- Access to an on-campus bank account account
- Approval to recruit new members
Ready to Apply?
Click here to access the New Registered Student Organization Application. Please note that the application will not open until the first day of open enrollment and organizations will be approved for the following semester.
Please direct questions to Katie Styles, Program Coordinator for Registered Student Organizations, at Katie.Styles@lmu.edu.