How do I apply to The Learning Community?
Complete the Application
The application for the TLC@LMU is currently closed. Please contact us if you have any questions!
Submitting your Application for TLC@LMU
- Apply to join TLC@LMU by submitting the application along with your resume, highlighting extracurricular activities, leadership positions and achievements by May 20, 2019
Interview with TLC@LMU
- An interview with our TLC@LMU staff will be conducted following the submission of your application
FAQs About TLC@LMU
When does TLC@LMU begin?
- TLC@LMU begins two weeks prior to the start of the academic year (second weekend in August)
- 2019 TLC@LMU Summer Program Dates: August 10th through August 21st.
Why participate in TLC@LMU?
- Develop leadership skills to make a difference within the LMU community and beyond
- Learn what it takes to be successful at LMU
- Get a head start on university life
- Get plugged into campus resources and exclusive opportunities through your participation in the program
- Attend multiple outings to discover the cultural aspects of the greater Los Angeles area.
- Live in a LMU residence hall
- Meet faculty, staff and key administrators before school starts
Who can participate?
- Incoming freshmen only
- Enrollment is limited to 30-35 students
How much does it cost to participate?
- The TLC@LMU program is completely FREE for all participants!
What are the requirements of the program?
- Two week summer program, hosted on campus from August 10-21, 2019
- Students must attend the entire duration of the summer program
- Student must attend ALL daytime, evening and weekend programs
- Student must live in on-campus housing throughout the duration of the summer program
Fall & Spring Program
- Student must enroll in the TLC@LMU one-unit leadership course during fall and spring semesters of their freshman year, held every Monday from 4:30 to 5:45 PM with occasional Saturday meetings for off campus excursions
- Student must attend events/activities and be involved in community projects/opportunities to receive the full benefits of the TLC@LMU program
Where do students stay during the Summer Program?
- Participants live in their permanent LMU residence hall during the duration of the summer program
- Summer housing for all TLC@LMU participants is free of charge
Can students still participate in TLC@LMU, if they have a vacation or conflict during the summer program?
- Participants are required to be present and participate in the entire summer program. Only emergencies will be accommodated.