Mission and Goals
Grounded in the Jesuit and Marymount tradition of the promotion of justice and the call to be persons for and with others, acting out of our faith, inclusive of our varied religious traditions and worldviews, towards social justice for all, the Student Affairs’ initiatives focused on diversity, equity, inclusion, and access (DEI+A) support the University’s commitment to be an anti-racist institution. All are welcome in this place, and it is the mission of this division to ensure that all students and staff feel included, acknowledged, and heard in this shared community. Student Affair’s DEI+A requires the commitment of all members of the community to shoulder the weight of this work and make individual, departmental, and divisional changes to ensure we fully realize the Jesuit mission of justice and equity for all.
- To advise the SVPSA on DEI within the division;
- To implement and manage the divisional systemic analysis;
- To hold the SVPSA and division accountable for implementing DEI policies and procedures that are forward-moving, sustainable, and accountable;
- To advise Staff EXP, Student EXP, and other programming and educational entities in the division on ways forward in DEI;
- To provide content on the SADEI website and accountability dashboard.
View the full 2020-21 SADEI Strategic Plan including the mission, process for divisional formative evaluation, and assessment resources.