Choose Your Building and Room
Your timeslot indicates the earliest time that the group leader will be able to log back in to the online application to view floor plans and select from available rooms. The group leader is able to select a room beginning at the timeslot and up until the end of Room Selection. Room Selection runs from Tuesday, March 17th to Friday, March 27th. The process is online and the group leader can go through it whenever is most convenient. Should you require assistance, you can stop by the Student Housing Office located on the first floor of Leavey 6.
We encourage group members to either make the room choice together or discuss their plans beforehand. Once a selection is made it cannot be changed until after the process ends, depending on space availability. Assignment changes are allowed beginning April 2nd. You will need to fill out the "Change of Assignment Request Form" found in Student Housing Online Services via MyLMU. Assignment changes are not guaranteed, but will be processed if possible.
Room rates for the next academic year may not be set until March. Current room rates are available online and may increase as much as 5%. Please refer to this year’s housing rate sheet for an estimate of next year’s room rates. In addition, some rooms have a cost which differs from those on the published rate sheet.
Note: DO NOT miss class to choose your room. Remember, group leaders can make the selection after their timeslot.
How to Choose a Building and Room
In the online application, the Room Selection pages will allow the group leader to select a room for themselves and their roommates on/after their timeslot.
The group leader will be able to see all buildings available to choose based on their classification, LMU Blue or LMU Crimson. After choosing a building, the group leader will be able to choose the room, and finally assign themselves and their roommates to the specific spaces in the rooms. Once the "Assign Beds" button is clicked, a housing assignment will be finalized for the next academic year and no changes can be made.
The group leader will need to select enough rooms to accommodate the number of students in the group. You should only choose rooms within the same apartment/suite; you cannot assign your group members to rooms in more than one apartment/suite.
Once rooms are chosen, the group leader will assign themselves and their roommates to specific spaces within the room(s). Each student must be assigned to a particular space. Two students cannot be assigned to the same space; one space cannot be assigned to two students.
The group leader will have approximately 4 minutes to decide whether or not to assign the roommates to the room(s) within an apartment/suite. When 4 minutes lapse, the page will refresh and the group leader must start over.
Once all roommates are assigned to a space in an apartment/suite, the group leader will need to click on the "Assign Beds" button. Once this button is clicked, no changes can be made.
A few special rooms exist that differ from our standard double occupancy rooms. If available during your timeslot, the group leader can select these rooms. For more information about these rooms, please see "Singles and Other Special Rooms" section below.
The Student Housing Office will be reviewing the Room Selection portion of the Housing Selection Process. Not following the provided instructions could result in the loss of the desired housing assignment.
Your Living Options
Buildings for LMU Blue Students (Typically Rising Sophomores)
|Hannon Apartments||Two-bedroom, one-bathroom apartments|
|Tenderich Apartments||24-hour quiet building, smoke free and two-bedroom /one-bathroom apartments|
|McCarthy Hall *||Suites, private doubles and designed singles|
|McKay Hall||Suites and traditional doubles with shared bathroom|
|Rains Hall*||Suites and traditional suites|
|Palm South||Pod-style doubles & singles|
* Residence Halls require the purchase of a Meal Plan. Some single rooms in Del Rey North and Del Rey South will also be available.
Buildings for LMU Crimson (Typically Rising Juniors and Seniors)
|Hannon Apartments||Two-bedroom, one-bathroom apartments|
|Leavey 4 Apartments||Two-bedroom, one-bathroom apartments|
|Leavey 5 Apartments||Two-bedroom, one-bathroom apartments|
|Leavey 6 Apartments||Two-bedroom, one-bathroom apartments|
|O'Malley Apartments||Two-bedroom, one-bathroom and three-bedroom, one-extra large bathroom apartments|
|Palm South||5-person apartments & pod-style doubles & singles|
* Some single rooms in Rains and McCarthy will also be available.
NOTE: All building options are subject to change.
Singles and Other Special Rooms
Special rooms are designed differently than the majority of rooms in a given building. Review the list below and notice that some of these options have different room rates.
- Single Traditional: Private room with the bathroom located down the hall. Available in Del Rey North, Del Rey South, and Palm North for an additional cost.
- Single Suite: Private room sharing a bathroom with another private room. Available in McCarthy and Rains for an additional cost.
- Single in a Pod: Private room with shared bathrooms and kitchen area. Pods are designed to hold 18-20 students. Available in Palm South for an additional cost.
- Single room in an apartment. Private room, sharing a bathroom and kitchen with 4 other students. Available in Palm South for an additional cost.
- McKay Traditional Room: Two students share a room and use a common area bathroom. Available in McKay for a reduced rate.
- Private Double: Two students in a room with a private bathroom. Available in McCarthy and Rains for an additional cost.
- Small Private Double: Two students in a slightly smaller room with a private bathroom. Available in Rains with no additional costs involved.
- Triple Room: Three students share a larger room with the bathroom located down the hall. Available in Del Rey North, Del Rey South, at no additional costs.
- 6-Person Suite: Six students share a common area with two students living in each bedroom. There are 3 double bedrooms. Available in Rains with no additional costs involved.
- 6-Person Apartment: Six students share a common living room, dining room, and kitchen with two students living in each bedroom. There are three double bedrooms. Available in O'Malley with no additional costs involved.
- 5-person apartment: 5 students share a common living room, dining room and kitchen. Two double rooms and 1 single room. Available in Palm South for an additional cost.
5 & 6-Person Apartments/Suites
A few three-bedroom apartments/suites will be available to choose during the Housing Selection Process. In order to be placed in a three-bedroom apartment/suite during the Housing Selection Process:
- Students create groups online with other students in the same classification during the application process.
- If you want a 5-person apartment: Groups must be formed to create a total of 5 people (e.g. 1 groups of four and 1 group of 1. Or 5 groups of one, etc).
- If you want a 6 person apartment/Suite: Groups must be formed to create a total of 6 people (e.g. 1 group of 4 and one group of 2. Or six groups of one, etc).
- Schedule an over-the-phone appointment with the Student Housing Office during the earliest of the groups' timeslot. You can do this by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
- At the Student Housing Office, you will be able to choose from available 3 bedroom apartments/suites.
- If no 3 bedroom apartment/suites are available, each group will need to choose a room online at their scheduled timeslot. In this case, groups of 5 and 6 cannot be guaranteed to live together.
All Housing Rates include internet access, cable television, utilities, live-in staff support, 24-hour on-call maintenance and emergency response and more! All rates are for the 2019 - 2020 academic year. Rates for all buildings are subject to change and are increased annually. 2020-2021 rates will be published in late April.
Once you have made your tuition deposit please allow 1-2 business days before you are able to apply for housing. For complete housing rates, visit Living in Lion Nation.
Consider a Theme Housing Option
Consider applying to be a member of a theme housing community for the chance to pursue your education in a social living environment suited to your passions. These programs require that you submit a separate application, so refer to the contact information listed below. Since you can only have one room assignment, you become ineligible to participate in the Housing Selection Process once you commit to a theme housing program.
Please note that if you are interested in a theme community, you will need to complete their application as well as the three application materials during the application portion of the Housing Selection Process.
Winter Break Housing
For more information, please visit Winter Break Housing.