fish lens image of the soccer net featuring two lmu students

Contact LMU Intramural Sports Office

Intramural Sports Director: Raamen Bass

Intramural Sports Office:

Frequently Asked Questions

What are Intramurals?

The Intramural Sports program at Loyola Marymount University is structured to provide currently enrolled students, faculty and staff the opportunity to participate in a variety of competitive and recreational sports activities. Intramural Sports features short term, on-campus competition in traditional (and some not-so-traditional) sports.

How do I know what sports are being offered and when to register?

Simply check out the current Intramural Sports Schedule on the LEO Organization Page and IMLeagues, or see the display area on the first floor of the Burns Recreation Center. Check the schedule for sport listings and entry deadlines. You can also get a copy of the semester's offerings at the flyer tower next to the front desk of Burns Recreation Center or from the Intramural Sports Office in the second floor of Burns Recreation Center.

How do I sign up for Intramurals?

To enter an Intramural Sport, follow the registration instructions found on the Intramural Sports LEO Organization Page (LEO and search "Intramural Sports"). Click the blue "Join" button in the top right corner, then click scroll down to “Documents” section and click on “View More Documents” button. Click "Registration Instructions" folder and follow instructions for complete registration. Additionally, you must submit a $60 forfeit deposit for all team sports that have a season. Pick up a sport flyer with all the information at the front desk of the Burns Recreation Center. You can sign up for three different types of leagues: Single gender (Men's and Women's), Open and Co-Rec. You can also sign up as a free agent and look for a team to pick you up as a player.

What does it cost to play Intramurals?

Participation in the Intramural Sports program is free of charge. However, each team [participating in a season sport] must pay a $60 forfeit deposit that is refundable if that team goes through the entire regular season of competition without forfeiting a contest. Each team has until 2 weeks after the end of playoff competition to claim its deposit. If the forfeit deposit is not claimed, it will be deposited into the Campus Recreation general account to go back into the program. There is a $5 forfeit deposit for tournaments.

What Intramural Sports do you have?

All Intramural Sports offered (for the semester) by the Department of Campus Recreation are listed on the Intramural Sports schedule. If you do not see the sport that you are looking for, then we do not currently offer it or we offer it in another semester. If there is a sport/activity that you would like to see offered, please contact the Intramural Sports office and we will see if we can fulfill your request. For more information on Intramural Sports, call 310.568.6623.

What are the requirements to make a team?

All Intramural Sports have slight variations in what is required. In general, for all sports each team must pay the forfeit deposit, meet the minimum number of players for that sport, and be represented at the captain's meeting.