Parent & Child Lessons provide a social environment for learning to swim. Classes are kept small to maximize student learning, with a ratio of at most 8 students to 2 instructor. Instructors are highly qualified and experienced with multiple-level instruction. LMU Campus Recreation understands that consistent instruction is beneficial to students. Registration for Parent & Child will begin on April 6.
Parent & Child Lessons ($100/session)
- Session 1: Saturdays, 4/6-4/27*
- Session 2: Saturdays, 5/18-6/15**
- Session 3: Saturdays, 6/22-7/20**
- Session 4: Saturdays, 7/27-8/17
*No Lessons on Easter Weekend, Memorial Day, 4th of July Day (fees are prorated)
** No lessons on May 11&12, Memorial weekend, Fourth of July weekend, Labor Day weekend (lessons run 4 weeks, fees are not prorted).
Register for Group Swim Lessons
Refunds for lessons must be requested 7 days prior to the first lesson in that session.
- Create your online account
- Log into the BRC portal and register under programs
Policies for Parent & Tot Lessons
- Registration Deadline: Registration closes the day before the class begins. No exceptions!
- A class must have a minimum of three (4) participants in order to occur; LMU Learn-to-Swim reserves the right to cancel a group lesson if the minimum requirement is not met.
- Please refrain from enrolling your child in a class that is not a good fit for their skill level; it detracts from their learning as well as the learning of their classmates.
Group Class Levels
Parent and Tot
Parent and Toddler/Infant (Ages 6-18months). Join your toddler as they experience their first swim lessons! A parent or guardian is required to accompany each child in the water and participate in the classes. To enroll your toddler, they must be at least 6 months old. Infants must wear a water diaper or tight fitting rubber pants over diaper. The main goal of these lessons is to prepare infants to become comfortable in the water so they are willing and ready to learn to swim. The class teaches parents or guardians techniques to help familiarize their child to water activities in a safe manner with songs and games.
Kids Conquer the Water
Parent and Child (Ages 18 mos.-3 years old). This class begins with your child’s own water exploration. A parent or guardian is required to accompany each child in the water and participate in the classes. To enroll your child they must be at least 18 months old. Infants must wear a water diaper or tight fitting rubber pants over diaper. This class is designed to help toddlers become comfortable in and around the water with a parent or guardian. Overall, this class is a fun introductory swimming experience where students are taught kicking, floating, blowing bubbles, gliding, submerge head in the water, and being more comfortable with floating.