Faculty Fellows

Faculty Fellows play an important role in creating an academic presence in the halls. This is achieved through their committed four hours a week in their assigned community by interacting with residents during their planned programs and office hours. Unlike Faculty in Residence, Faculty Fellows do not reside in on-campus housing.

Arnab Banerji, Ph.D. (McKay Hall)

Ph.D. University of Georgia

M.A., B.A. Jadavpur University

Assistant Professor, Theatre Arts

I am an Assistant Professor in the Dept. of Theatre Arts at Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles where I teach courses on Indian theatre, theatre history, diaspora performance, and dramaturgy. I earned my PhD from the University of Georgia in 2014 specializing in Modern Indian Theatre with an emphasis on Bengali Group Theatre from Kolkata. I have published book reviews and articles in Theatre JournalTDRTheatre SymposiumAsian Theatre Journal, and Southeastern Review of Asian Studies. Previously, I taught at Muhlenberg College and Barnard College, Columbia University. I am a Kolkata native where I worked as a lighting designer, actor, dramaturg, and director. Currently, I am working on translations of plays by Utpal Dutt. Safdar Hashmi, Badal Sircar, Rabindranath Tagore, and Bijan Bhattacharjee. I continue to remain active in the LA Bengali community theatre scene as an actor, director, and designer. I have been the faculty fellow for the McKay community since Fall 2015. I have had a very fruitful time in this position. The faculty fellowship allows me to interact with students outside the classroom and engage with them on a more personal capacity, an opportunity that I truly enjoy. I look forward to serving as a faculty fellow for this upcoming academic year as well. 

Susan Scheibler, Ph.D (East Quad)

Assistant Professor, School of Film and Television

Sue Scheibler has graduate degrees in Biblical Studies and Philosophy of Religion and a PhD in Critical Studies from the University of Southern California. She has published in The Bloomsbury Research Handbook of Chinese Philosophy and Gender; Theorizing Documentary; The Alternative Media Handbook; War: Interdisciplinary Investigations, Signs, and assorted journals.  Her research and teaching interests include film theory, television studies, documentary, Asian film, science fiction film and television, Japanese anime, video games, Asian philosophy, technologies of war, memory, the sublime, and time. Sue is an associate professor in Film, TV and Media Studies in the School of Film and Television at LMU. She is currently working on a variety of projects: The Meditative Gaze: Asian Philosophy and Media; Animating the Dao; and Skyrim in the Trump age.