The purpose of student employment is to provide Loyola Marymount University students with valuable work experience and training. Students at LMU will gain experience through hands-on learning and integrated learning outcomes to foster meaningful work.
As a Supervisor, you will be expected to:
- Become familiar with SES policies and procedures in order to increase communication between student, supervisor, and SES.
- Keep track of your student’s funding; make sure the student does not exceed their award by maintaining records of student’s declining balances, as well as your department’s balance.
- Review and approve student hours reported on MyTime. This is essential to controlling fraud and monitoring departmental allocations.
- Model professional behavior for student employees.
- Support the training and professional development of your student employees, encouraging the attendance of SES Student Workshops.