Resources for working remotely during COVID-19
All student work should be remote unless the student is residing on campus. Students and supervisors should visit it.lmu.edu/keepworking for remote work resources.
Student employees often directly assist other students. In stressful times, many of us experience a variety of emotions. LMU's Wellness Educators offer programming that can help student employees better identify when other students may be experiencing distress and can refer them to LMU's support resources.
Student Employment Supervisors
The purpose of student employment is to provide Loyola Marymount University students with valuable work experience and training. Students at LMU will gain experience through hands-on learning and integrated learning outcomes to foster meaningful work.
As a Supervisor, you will be expected to:
- Become familiar with in order to increase communication between student, supervisor, and SES.
- Keep track of your student’s funding; make sure the student does not exceed their award by maintaining records of student’s declining balances, as well as your department’s balance.
- Review and approve student hours reported on MyTime. This is essential to controlling fraud and monitoring departmental allocations.
- Model professional behavior for student employees.
- Support the training and professional development of your student employees, encouraging the attendance of SES Student Workshops.
Supervisor Workshops are a great resource for both new and current supervisors. The workshops review how to recruit, hire, manage and evaluate student employees at LMU. Workshops are offered throughout the academic year. Please check the latest SES Supervisor Newsletter for the next workshop.
If you cannot attend the next workshop, access recordings of the Supervisor Workshop topics below. Click on each topic to access the respective video in Box. Once you are taken to Box, click "Open" in the top right corner to view the video. If Box won't allow you to open, click the blue "Download" button.
Part I - Introduction and Recruitment (26 minutes)
Part II - Hiring Process (14 minutes)
Part III - Managing Student Employees (24 minutes)
Part IV - Evaluation (6 minutes)
If your student employee should need to drive a cart for official university business, employees must complete cart safety training with Public Safety.