Student Employment Supervisors
The purpose of student employment is to provide Loyola Marymount University students with valuable work experience and training. Students at LMU will gain experience through hands-on learning and integrated learning outcomes to foster meaningful work.
As a Supervisor, you will be expected to:
- Become familiar with Workday in order to increase communication between student, supervisor, and SES.
- Keep track of your student’s funding; make sure the student does not exceed their award by maintaining records of student’s declining balances, as well as your department’s balance.
- Review and approve student hours reported on Workday. This is essential to controlling fraud and monitoring departmental allocations.
- Model professional behavior for student employees.
- Support the training and professional development of your student employees, encouraging the attendance of SES Student Workshops.
Supervisor Workday Resources
- Workday Cost Center Definitions - LMU General Accounting
- Student Employment Pay Rate Rubric 2022-2023
Hiring Student Employee(s)
- Student Employment Hiring Workshop 101 - PowerPoint
- Year End Summer Hiring - PowerPoint
- Create Job Requisitions for Student Employees - Reference guide
- Hire Students - Reference guide
- How to Allocate - Mini guide
- How to Check Student Employee Hiring Status - Mini guide.
Managing Student Employee(s)
- Supervisor Workday Mini Guides Bundle - 10 brief guides for Workday
- Onboarding Status Summary Report - Mini guide.
- Edit Job Requisition - Mini guide.
- Student Job Allocation Change Request - Mini guide.
- Supervisor Change Request - Mini guide
- End Student Employee Job - Mini guide
- 2022-2023 Student Employment Hiring 101 Workshop - Zoom recording
- Departmental Expectations and Responsibilities Template
- Student Evaluation Template
- Disciplinary and Incident Template
- FERPA Non-Disclosure Agreement
Student employees often directly assist other students. In stressful times, many of us experience a variety of emotions. LMU's Wellness Educators offer programming that can help student employees better identify when other students may be experiencing distress and can refer them to LMU's support resources.
If your student employee should need to drive a cart for official university business, employees must complete cart safety training with Public Safety.