Campus Recreation at Loyola Marymount University offers several aquatic programs and services. Aquatics programs take place at the pool located at Burns Recreation Center.
Services offered include swim lessons for all ages and ability levels and leisure swimming. LMU's Burns Recreation Pool Pool also has a lawn area as well as folding chairs around the pool deck providing ideal space for sun bathing.
Employment opportunities and safety certification courses are also available throughout the year. Whether participants are looking for activities such as aquatic exercise or simply would like to lounge around by the pool Campus Recreation meets those needs.
The Burns Recreation Center Pool at Loyola Marymount University is a 50-meter by 25-yard competition pool. It can either be set up in a short-course format (16 x 25-yard lanes) or a long-course format (8 x 50-meter lanes). Lane availability varies each day and is outlined in our monthly schedule.
Pool Hours & Lap Swim Schedule
Download the current Pool Schedule.
|Monday||6:00am - 8:00pm|
|Tuesday||6:00am - 8:00pm|
|Wednesday||6:00am - 8:00pm|
|Thursday||6:00am - 8:00pm|
|Friday||6:00am - 7:30pm|
|Saturday||8:00am - 5:30pm|
|Sunday||8:00am - 5:30pm|
Pool Rules & Policies
- Swimming is permitted only when an authorized LMU Lifeguard is on duty.
- Swimmers should rinse off in the showers before entering the pool.
- Recreational swimmers must enter and exit the pool through the locker room.
- Users must be 16 years of age or older, unless accompanied by an adult and must provide proof upon request.
- Children under the age of 6 years old must be directly supervised by an adult at all times.
- Swimmers must be dressed in clothing specifically designed for swimming (i.e. no cut off shorts, t-shirts, etc.).
- Infants 3 years of age and younger must wear disposable swim diapers when entering the pool.
- Diaper changing must occur in the locker rooms and not on the pool deck.
- Disorderly conduct and disruptive behavior will not be tolerated at any time.
- Hazardous activities are prohibited in or around the pool deck. Running, dunking, pushing, piggyback rides, flips, and stunts off the side are hazardous activities (as well as others deemed so by the lifeguard on duty).
- Diving is only permitted at the deep end.
- Starting blocks are for competitive team use during scheduled practice and competition only.
- Floatation devices, toys, balls, and other foreign objects are prohibited in the pool. (For lap swimming, use of kickboards, hand paddles, pull buoys, masks, fins, snorkels, and swim belts is permissible. These articles must be used for their designed purpose and in assigned lanes only.)
- No spitting, blowing nose or discharging bodily waste into the pool.
- No bandages or wraps are allowed in the pool.
- Swimmers must exit the pool when instructed by the lifeguard.
- All lounge and deck furniture must remain on the pool deck.
- Food, drinks, chewing gum and tobacco products are not permitted except for beverages in closed plastic containers.
- Pets are not permitted, except for animals providing assistance to disabled users .
- Campus Recreation staff will not be responsible for lost or stolen items .
- All Burns Recreation Center users are expected to be responsible, courteous and safety conscious at all times. Users who disregard policy will be asked to leave the facility and may be suspended from use of the Burns Recreation Center.
- Rules are subject to change without notice.
An aquatic lift is available at the pool for swimmers who may need additional assistance entering and exiting the pool.