Contact the RSO Office
If you have questions about Registered Student Organizations or are looking for more information, call the Student Leadership & Development office at (310) 338-2877.
Policies, Resources & Guidelines
Below you will find all the resources you need to run your student organization as smoothly as possible. This is the one-stop shop for the event planners, budget managers and marketing strategists of your student organization at Loyola Marymount University.
Use the link below to navigate the policies and guidelines by category:
- Policies and Procedures 2018-19
- Advisor Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Event Planning for Registered Student Organizations
- RSO Financial Management
- Get Involved: Registered Student Organizations
- LEO 101 for RSO Leaders
- On-Campus Advertising
- Re-Registering Your Existing Organization
- Starting a New Student Organization
Note: These policies have been established to assist in building a learning community where the respect, consideration and dignity of every member of the LMU community are priorities. Of course, no single policy or group of policies can anticipate every eventuality. Accordingly, LMU expressly reserves the right to revise, supplement or withdraw any policy or portion of a policy from time to time as it deems necessary.
Event Proposal & Scheduling
Student Leadership & Development utilizes the Event Proposal Process to evaluate, approve, and support large-scale student events.
Large-scale events may be defined as meeting one or more of the following criteria:
- Alcohol will be served
- Significant number of off-campus guests
- Over 300 attendees
Online Event Proposal
To complete the Event Proposal process (if instructed to do so):
- Complete the Online Event Proposal Meeting Form
- Schedule an Event Proposal Meeting with Student Leadership & Development at least three weeks prior to the event. Meetings take place every Wednesday at 2:30pm.
- Meet with staff from across campus to finalize decisions regarding the event at the Event Proposal Meeting. Those in attendance at the Event Proposal Meeting may include representatives from Student Leadership & Development, the event venue, Public Safety, Conference and Event Services, Sodexo Campus Services, the Student Housing Office, Off Campus Student Life, Facilities Management, the OneCard Office, and the sponsoring organization's Advisor.
- At the completion of the event, an evaluation meeting may be conducted with the organization.
Once approved, Event Proposals are a contract between the university and the sponsoring organization. Any changes to the Event Proposal must be discussed with and approved by Student Leadership & Development.
In the event that the organization does not adhere to University policies or the approved Event Proposal, the organization may be prohibited from planning events for a specified amount of time determined by Student Leadership & Development.
Event Diagram for Campus Locations
Log into LMU EXP Online to view diagrams of potential locations for your event.
Contact Event Scheduling
Office: Malone Student Center 103
Phone: (310) 338.2877
Fax: (310) 338-5963
FAQs About RSOs
How many Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) are there at LMU?
The number of RSOs is continually growing as students create new clubs and organizations. As of August 2018, there are currently over 190 Registered Student Organizations on campus. You can browse all organizations on LEO.
What Registered Student Organizations exist on campus?
Click here to search all RSOs on campus on LEO. On LEO, you can access each RSO’s basic information, President, and Advisor. You can also search by RSO name, keywords, and/or category.
How can I get involved with an existing organization?
We encourage you to learn more about each RSO through their portals on LEO. On each RSO’s portal page you are able to access the president and advisor contact information and directly message them to get more information.