Info for Veteran Students

lmu info for veteran students

Veteran Programs supports the transition, persistence and graduation of student veterans, reservists and veteran dependents at Loyola Marymount University by providing individualized services, programming and resources.

See the tabs below for information for:

  • Here is an overview of requirements for transfer student admission to Loyola Marymount University. For more information please visit our Transfer Requirements and Deadlines page.

    I have more than 30 transferable semester units

    Students with more than 30 transferable semester units are required to submit:

    I have less than 30 transferable semester units

    Students with less than 30 transferable semester units are required to submit:

    • Common Application and LMU Supplement online
    • Official Transcripts from all colleges attended
    • Official High School Transcripts
    • Official Standardized Test Scores (ACT or SAT)


    Please contact Transfer Admission and Enrollment Services with any questions regarding the admissions process.  Visit Transfer Admission and Enrollment Services at Von der Ahe 150, call (310) 338-5913 or email

  • Welcome to Loyola Marymount University. In order to qualify for education benefits provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs, a student must be accepted into an LMU academic program and enrolled in classes which meet requirements for an approved bachelor’s or master’s degree, credential, or other VA approved programs.

    If you have any questions regarding the certification process please contact the LMU VA Certifying Official, Will Salvini, by calling (310) 338-5765 or by emailing LMU VA Certification.


    All of the following documents must be submitted to the VA Certifying Official in the Office of the Registrar (Von der Ahe 150) either in person or by fax to (310) 338-4466.

    • Send a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility (COE) letter to the Registrar's office. This letter from the VA details the type of benefit you have, your percentage of eligibility and the amount of educational benefits you have remaining.
      • If your COE has changed, an updated copy of your COE needs to be submitted to the Registrar's office.
    • Complete the Semester Benefits Entitlement form (every semester)


    The admissions process does not stop at applying to the school of your dreams. The next step is ensuring you can finance your education.

    Note: the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is not required to receive veteran’s benefits including the Yellow Ribbon program.


    Veteran students are invited to the Transfer BBQ each year in July. We look forward to seeing you at Transfer Orientation in August.


    Student Veterans Organization

    We recommend that veteran students join the Student Veterans Organization. Log into LMU EXP Online, search for the organization by name for more information.

    Veteran Programs Office

    Stop by the Veteran Programs Office in Malone 301 to learn more about the services available to veteran students and veteran dependents. Log into LMU EXP Online for up to date information on events and opportunities provided by Veteran Programs.