9.1.23 Welcome Back for Fall 2023
Sept. 1, 2023
Dear LMU Students,
- LMU Student Conduct Code – In order for all in the LMU community to live, work, and socialize safely together, we have standards that govern behavior. Please become familiar with the LMU Community Standards.
- How to Report Sexual and Interpersonal Misconduct – LMU takes all allegations of sexual and interpersonal misconduct very seriously and investigates all reported incidents of sexual and interpersonal misconduct. Please report all incidents of sexual and interpersonal misconduct.
- Good Samaritan Policy – The safety and welfare of LMU students is my top priority and I rely on all of you to take care of your fellow Lions. Please do not let your own indiscretions cause you not to report a potentially dangerous or illegal situation.
- Restore LMU – Being in community with one another is a hallmark of an LMU education. Find out more about LMU’s restorative justice practices and conflict resolution.
- Neighborhood: If you live at or near LMU, or will be attending events in the neighborhood, please be mindful that you’re in a residential area. We ask that you be respectful and considerate of the neighbors around you by watching your noise level. Please review the Community Relations policy.
- LEO – Now that you have survived the excitement during your first week at LMU, make sure to visit LEO to find student clubs and organizations, attend events, and track your involvement.
We expect you to engage with others honestly and respectfully, listening with your ears and heart as you do the work necessary to genuinely understand different perspectives. It is through this difficult and sometimes painful work that we truly create the Lion community.
I look forward to meeting each of you, and please stop by Malone 301 to say hello.
Terri L. Mangione, Ph.D.
Dean of Students and Vice President of Student Affairs
Malone Student Center 301