Loyola Marymount University offers a number of support groups including Alcoholics Anonymous, Refuge Recovery, Al-Anon, SMART Recovery and more. Meeting times and places for support groups are as follows:
Alcoholics Anonymous/Narcotics Anonymous
- Mondays: 5:30-6:30pm; Leavey 5, Room 307 Open 12-Step speaker meeting for those who may have, or have had, a drinking or drug misuse problem. Attendance is open to anyone contemplating taking charge of their life.
Women for Recovery
- Tuesdays: 6-7pm; Journey to Emotional Sobriety; Leavey 5, Room 307 Women only. Leavey 5, Room 307. A student-led, women-only group, focused on self-compassion and skills-building to cope with the uncomfortable feelings and expectations unique to women.
- Tuesdays: 5:30-6:30pm; Sullivan Academic Center (East Quad) A confidential, clinician-led meeting based on the principles of harm reduction. This informative and science-rich approach is open to any student who is seeking to cut back on the frequency or intensity of their marijuana use - or desiring to stop altogether. All are welcome.
- Thursdays: 12-1pm; Von Der Ahe 236 Physician-led meeting for those seeking support to help cope with and respond to someone else’s drinking or drug problem.
- Thursdays: 6:30-7:30pm; Leavey 5, Room 307 Student led, science-based 4-part approach that empowers people to achieve independence from alcohol, drug, or any other problematic challenge by: 1. Enhancing motivation. 2. Learning to cope with urges. 3. Managing life’s challenges in a more sensible and effective way. 4. Developing a more positive, balanced, and healthy lifestyle.
Eating Disorders Anonymous
- Wednesdays: 6:30-7:30pm; Leavey 5, Room 307 A student-led recovery group for all people who have struggled, or are struggling with, disordered eating and/or negative body image. This innovative meeting embraces but is not confined by the 12-step process.
Alcohol & Drug Education
E-Chug is a completely confidential, self-diagnostic survey that will provide you with insight into your relationship with alcohol.
E-Toke is a completely confidential, self-diagnostic survey that will provide you with insight into your relationship with marijuana
LMU Heads Up!
LMU Heads Up! is a campus-wide responsible drinking project at Loyola Marymount University.
Marijuana Anonymous is a fellowship of people who share our experience, strength and hope with each other that we may solve our common problem and help others to recover from marijuana addiction.
Local Standing Marijuana Anonymous Meetings
Learn more about Marijuana Anonymous and other meetings.
1334 Post Ave - Center
1350 N. Cherokee Ave - Park
Redondo Beach, 6:30pm
2603 Matthew Ave - Church
West LA, 7:30pm
1835 Stoner Ave - Rec Center
Culver City, 8:00pm
5875 Grand View Blvd - Church
3333 Skypark Dr - Center
1125 N. McCadden Pl - Center
Culver City, 8:00pm
6666 Green Valley Circle
Sherman Oaks, 8:00pm
14115 W Magnolia Blvd
West Hollywood, 8:30pm
9021 Melrose Ave
7929 Melrose Ave - Center