On-campus Employment


F-1 students may work up to 20 hours per week on campus while classes are in session, and over 20 hours per week during the summer semester or doing eligible semester breaks (winter break and spring break).

F-1 students are eligible for any on-campus job from the moment they begin school at LMU.  On-Campus jobs include teaching/research assistants, jobs in the dining halls, school library, gym, etc.  Please contact our office if you are unsure if the job you are pursuing counts as on-campus employment or not.

On-campus employment is not permitted after the end date of your I-20 or after your graduation, whichever comes first.

F-1 students are not eligible for Federal Work-Study.  F-1 Students can only apply for on-campus jobs that are considered as Transfer Work (T-work). For more information on T-work, please click here.

Where to find job listings:

  • Workday - Filter jobs based on T-Work

Other resources:


J-1 On-Campus Employment

Federal Regulations require J-1 students to report on-campus employment to OISS before they begin working.  Please go to MyStatus and submit the Permission for On-Campus Employment eForm located under 4. Employment. 

J-1 students are limited to a maximum of 20 hours per week while school is in session.  There is no limit on the hours for J-1 students during semester breaks (winter break, spring break, summer break).

Please note that on-campus employment authorization is different from authorized Academic Training.  Approval for Academic Training is a separate process.  Please contact OISS if you wish to participate in Academic Training.