Rains is home to almost 300 Loyola Marymount University sophomores. Most LMU students live with a roommate in a room connected to another two-student room by a bathroom. Rains also boasts a limited number of private double and single rooms. Three six-person suites house students involved in the Rains Intercultural Suite Experience. The building is named for benefactor, Liliore Green Rains.
Details for Rains Hall
- Building Type: Suite-style Residence Hall, Co-ed
- # of Student Beds: 299
- # of Units: 129 double-occupancy rooms, 16 single-occupancy rooms, 7 RA rooms
- Built: 1997
- Features: A/C, Elevator, main lounge, 7 floor lounges, 7 study rooms, community kitchen, reading room, conference room
- Approximate Dimensions: Double = 13' x 15', single 10' x 14'
- Location: Next to Leavey Field and Hannon Library
|Furniture Per Student||Width||Length||Height|
|1 Three Point Desk Chair||21"||23.25"||33"|
|1 XL Twin Bed||39"||80"||36.75"|
ROOMIE: Explore a suite-style Rains room using the link below. Furniture can be arranged, items can be measured and products can be purchased to prepare the perfect environment for your experience in Lion Nation!
Please note: While these are default layouts and measured accurately, individuals rooms are subject to variation and measurements are approximate.