The housing selection process provides all continuing LMU students with the opportunity to apply for on-campus housing for their sophomore, junior, or senior year. First-Year and incoming students will have the chance to apply for housing in early April.
Housing Room Selection Timeline:
- Application Opens: February 2, 2023 (by 12pm/noon)
- Login to MyLMU and select "Student Housing Portal" under the "Campus Life" menu.
- Housing Application & Selection Info Sessions:
- Tuesday - February 7, 2023 @ 10:30am - RSVP/Register
- Thursday - February 9, 2023 @ 7:00pm - RSVP/Register
- Monday - February 13, 2023 @ 11:00am - RSVP/Register
- Wednesday - February 15, 2023 @ 3:00pm - RSVP/Register
- Tuesday - February 21, 2023 @ 7:00pm - RSVP/Register
- First-Year Students - Find A Roommate Event
- Tuesday - February 21, 2023 @ 5pm (Palm Quad)
- Wellness Wednesday (activities, giveaways and more!)
- February 8, 15, & 22
- Application Due/Closes: February 23, 2023
- LLC Invitations Sent: March 6, 2023
- LLC Confirmation Due: March 10, 2023
- 5-Person & 6-Person Apartment Offers: March 13 -14
- Timeslot Notification: March 16, 2023
- Room Selection:
- LMU Blue (Rising Sophomores): March 21 - 24
- LMU Crimson (Rising Juniors/Seniors): March 28 - 31
Students must form their roommate groups, pay the housing deposit, sign the license agreement, and complete all application pages before the deadline in order to participate in the room selection process. If students miss any of the deadlines for the Housing Room Selection Process, they will have the opportunity to apply in early April.
Housing Room Selection:
Visit the sections below to review details and learn more about the Spring Housing Selection process:
Step 1: Understanding Housing Room Selection
- Before You Start
- Application Materials
Step 2: Requesting Your Roommate(s)
- Roommate group sizes
- Create a roommate group
- Choose a Group Leader
- Finding a roommate
Step 3: Select Your Room
- Receiving Your Timeslot
- Select your building and room
- Living options
- Singles and Special Rooms
- Housing Rates
- Living Learning Community & Theme Housing
Step 4: Additional Details
- Disability Support Accommodations (DSS)
- Study Abroad
- Gender Inclusive House (GIH)
- Winter Housing
- Learn more about Off Campus Student Life
- Learn more about Disability Support Services accommodations
- Latest LMU Updates
- Housing Options
- Housing Rates
Frequently Asked Questions:
Please visit the Housing Portal to access the 2023 -2024 Housing Application. MyLMU > “Campus Life” > Housing Portal > On-Campus Application.
The application will open on February 2nd and close on February 23rd.
February 23rd is the last day to make application edits. However, students will be able to make changes to their roommate groups once selection begins.
No. The application is NOT "first-come, first-serve" OR assigned based on the completion date. Students with completed applications by the deadline will be able to select their room based on the timeslot randomly assigned to them.
Students can defer the Housing deposit if they are receiving scholarships that cover the cost. The Deposit Deferment Request is located on the right side of the Student Housing Portal homepage. After an application has been started, students can submit this form for approval and processing.
Per LMU's normal policy, rising sophomores receive priority for on-campus housing in the event there are more rising sophomore applications than designated sophomore housing spaces. The Student Housing Offices reserves buildings for Sophomore students and reserves separate buildings for Juniors and Seniors so the selection of rooms they choose from are different.
Housing options for LMU Blue (Rising Sophomores) and LMU Crimson (Juniors/Seniors are available) here.
- In your roommate group, the person with the earliest timeslot can select rooms for everyone in the group.
- Students will need to select rooms within the same unit. Rooms must have enough free spaces to accommodate your group. For example: a group of four cannot select Leavey 4 101, Room A (2 spaces) AND Leavey 4 102, Room A (2 spaces) because they are in different apartments. They must select Room A and Room B from the same apartment.
- Speak with your roommate group to determine who will be the one responsible for completing the Room Selection process at their assigned time.
- Speak with your roommate group about what your first, second, and third preferences would be so that you can be prepared if your first choices are not available.
- Make a plan for how you will communicate as a group if you need to make changes at the last minute.
- DO NOT log into the Student Housing Portal until it is your time to make a selection. Too many students logging in at the same time may cause system issues for those who are trying to make their selection.
Room Selection begins after the application closes. Room Selection allows students to select the building and the specific room that they and their roommate group will live in. Please review the following for some brief highlights:
- Timeslots will be released on March 16th. Timeslots let students know when they can log back into their Hhousing portal to begin selecting their room. Students cannot select their room before their timeslot.
- Timeslots for students who have an LMU Blue classification will be between March 21st - 24th
- Timeslots for students who have an LMU Crimson classification will be between March 28th - 31st
- Students who do not receive a timeslot will receive a notification that they have been placed on the waitlist. Housing works to process cancellations daily beginning in April into August to assign as many students as possible from the waitlist as spaces become available.
More information about how to select your room is available in the timeslot selection e-mail sent to students when they receive their timeslot.
Students who would like to live in a single must select a roommate group of "one" and choose from the rooms available, beginning at their timeslot. If a student has been approved for a single-room accommodation, the Student Housing Office will reach out to them before room selection begins and manually assign the student.
Students can form roommate groups of "one," "two," "four," or "five." A roommate group of "one" allows you to select from available single rooms or a space with an unknown roommate.
Note: There will be a limited number of spaces that can hold a roommate group of five.
Students will receive a confirmation once they select their room. They will receive another confirmation once the entire selection process has been completed.
Room Selection requires that a student select an available unit in a particular building.
For example: students in groups of four can select two rooms in the same apartment or two rooms in the same suite but the group of four needs to select the same unit. If there is no availability for the same unit, they will need to edit their roommate group according to the available preferred options. Please note: anyone in a roommate group may select a unit at their timeslot. They will also be required to assign every member in their roommate group to complete the process.
LMU Crimson students who would like to live in a 5-person or 6-person apartment may form a roommate group of 5 or 6 but will need to make changes to the group if no 5 or 6-person units are available. We recommend roommate groups discuss a backup plan or form roommate groups that add up to the desired number (e.g. three groups of "two", etc.) ahead of time in case these special rooms are not available. See our Roommate Group webpage for more details.
Students can apply to an LLC and form a roommate group before the application deadline. When the application closes, students will need to either confirm the LLC choice (if they've been invited) or decline and proceed with room selection and their roommate group. In some cases, LLCs do permit roommate requests but this is specific to each individual LLC program and based on availability. We always encourage our students to communicate with their respective roommates regarding their intent so that the roommate group can have a backup plan if the student is removed from the group as a result of an invitation to an LLC.
Housing recognizes the experience of students in Doheny Hall during the construction of our newest residence halls (2019 - 2020 Academic Year). Students living in Doheny during that year will be guaranteed housing on campus. You do not need to notify the Student Housing Office as each student who did live in Doheny for the 2019-2020 Academic Year is already noted in our system.
The Housing Application is open to current undergraduate students with an active term. Students taking a Spring 2023 gap semester may apply for LMU Housing in April when the application re-opens.
Disability Support Services accommodation approvals for the 2023 - 2024 Academic Year will be provided by the DSS Office prior to each student receiving timeslots (March 16th). The Student Housing Office will reach out to each student approved in order to confirm if they would like to utilize their accommodation for the upcoming academic year or remain with their roommate group (if applicable). If you are interested in receiving a DSS accommodation, please contact their office for assistance at email@example.com.