The Student Housing Office offers many leadership opportunities to assist with engagement and building of community within our residence halls. Each position provides a unique responsibility to cultivate a stronger relationship between the department and on-campus community.
For additional information please contact the Main Office at (310) 338-2963 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may access the form as many times as you would like prior to the deadline. Applications are due by
- New Candidates: Friday, January 17, 2020 at 9AM
- Returning Candidates: Monday, January 13, 2020 at 9AM
In order to be considered for the RA position, you must have the following qualifications:
- Full time enrollment as a degree-seeking student at Loyola Marymount University during the contract period with a semester and cumulative GPA of at least 2.5
- Must be in good standing with the Office of Student Conduct and Community Responsibility while employed as an RA, beginning at the time of hire to the end of the employment contract
- Completion of two semesters of full-time undergraduate study or one semester of full-time graduate study at LMU by the beginning of first semester of employment
In order to successfully complete the application process, you must:
Attend one Information Session (mandatory) to learn more about the position and the responsibilities it entails:
- New Candidates
- October 31, 2019: 12PM - 1PM in the Leavey 6 Meeting Room 102
- November 12, 2019: 3PM- 4PM in the Leavey 6 Meeting Room 102
- November 15, 2019: 12PM - 1PM in the Leavey 6 Meeting Room 102
- November 19, 2019: 3PM - 4PM in the Leavey 6 Meeting Room 102
- December 4, 2019: 7PM - 8PM in the Leavey 6 Meeting Room 102
- January 14, 2020: 3PM to 4PM in the Leavey 6 Meeting Room 102
- January 15, 2020: 7PM - 8PM in the Leavey 6 Meeting Room 102
- Returning Candidates
- November 22, 2019: 12PM - 1PM in the Leavey 6 Meeting Room 102
- During Winter Training
If you have any questions please email email@example.com. You may also contact the Student Housing Office at (310) 338-2963 for more information.
Resident Advisor Resources
As a member of the Student Housing Office Staff, the Student Assistant is responsible for helping to provide assistance to current and potential students, parents, LMU professional staff, and the public. The Student Assistant reports to the Student Housing Operations Coordinator. The Student Assistant is responsible for administrative functions and is expected to conduct him/herself in a manner consistent with the Student Conduct Code, University policies and regulations, and departmental standards.
The Student Assistant:
- Serves as the Student Housing Office receptionist.
- Performs general office work (e.g. greet visitors, answer routine questions, direct phone calls, file, issue temporary room access, prepare mailings, run errands, assist on special projects as assigned).
- Refers students to the appropriate University staff member depending on their needs.
- Maintains lobby cleanliness.
The Student Assistant should have the ability to:
- handle multiple unrelated tasks with frequent interruptions
- use reason, good judgment and resourcefulness
- work with confidential information
Interested students should complete an application via Lion Jobs. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Kristen Le Falle Sampson, Operations Coordinator, at (310) 338-2963 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Housing Service Assistant is responsible for assisting the Housing Services Supervisor with carrying out the day-to-day operations for the Student Housing Office. Duties include setting up and breaking down beds, installation of drapery hardware and drapes, operation of University carts, lifting, moving, inventory, and repair of furniture.
Housing Services Assistants must have the ability to handle multiple unrelated tasks with frequent interruptions, and the ability to use reason, good judgment and resourcefulness. Please click here for a full job description FA Job Description(PDF).
Interested students should complete and online. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Brittany Davis, Housing Services Supervisor, at (310) 338-2963 or email@example.com.
As a member of the Student Housing Office Staff, the Area Office Assistant (AOA) is responsible for helping to create a living and learning environment in the residence halls and apartments by offering services to residents. The AOA reports to the Area Office Manager (AOM) of their assigned area and the Housing Services Coordinator. The AOA is responsible for administrative work, including checking out resources to residents. The AOA is expected to conduct him/herself in a manner consistent with the Student Conduct Code, University policies and regulations, and departmental standards.
The following are the specific qualifications and general descriptions of the responsibilities of the AOA. Other tasks may be assigned by the Housing Service coordinator, Student Housing Office, your assigned Manager, the Resident Director, or the Assistant Director of Residence Life.
- Full-time enrollment as a degree-seeking student at Loyola Marymount University during the contract period. Good academic standing from the time of appointment through the end of the academic year.
- Must have no active Student Conduct sanction while employed.
- Provide and promote quality customer service.
- Assist in the implementation of community development initiatives and programming through the front desk area.
- Distribute and sign out supplies and games to area residents.
- Provide residents with information on University services and refer residents to appropriate services.
- Perform general office work (e.g., responding to student inquiries, maintaining administrative logs, answering phones, typing, filing, making posters/flyers, and updating programming board and database).
- Facilitate guest sign-in process. Every individual entering the first-year buildings will be required to swipe their OneCard or Government issued ID.
- Secure residential facilities at beginning and end of each shift.
- Maintain general cleanliness of the Front Desk/Area Office.
- Check lobby area for cleanliness where applicable.
- Distribute and collect mail and office materials as necessary.
- Work scheduled hours during times when the Front Desk/Area Office is open, including exam periods and some holidays.
- Attend all staff meetings and in-service training sessions.
- Contribute to the quality of life in the residence hall and apartment communities by sharing ideas and information with the staff and residents
- Conduct self in an honest, conscientious, and courteous manner at all times; showing respect for persons of all backgrounds, races, genders, interests, and abilities.
- Serve as a role model by abiding by all University and Student Housing policies. This includes, all policies concerning purchase, possession and consumption of alcohol. Obvious intoxication at any time does not fit within the framework of a positive role model regardless of age.
- Support the goals and philosophies of the Student Housing Office.
- Work cooperatively with all Student Housing Office staff members, including Resident Assistants, Program Assistants, Resident Directors, Assistant Directors, and Resident Ministers (i.e. reporting conduct violations or referring concerns in the community).
- Complete projects as assigned.
- Help aid with resident Work orders on SchoolDude.com.
- Do not be distracted enough to not be able to fulfill your duties.
It is essential that all Student Staff conduct his/her duties in a professional manner. Confidentiality is a major component of professionalism. Student Staff should consider all contacts with students while working as confidential. A student’s right to privacy and confidentiality should be respected at all times.
Additionally, Student Staff may be assigned tasks where access to confidential information would be granted. Student Staff are expected not to share this information with others. You are to sign a confidentiality contract and must abide by it; otherwise you could face possible termination.