Before You Start
- Make sure you are ready to fill out your roommate group information, which includes your roommates' pairing numbers and that your roommates have at least started their applications. More information regarding roommate groups can be found on the roommate group page.
- Collect your health insurance information and have available
- Collect your Renter's Insurance information and have available
- Review Meal Plan options offered
All students participating in the Housing Application Process need to complete the following before the application deadline:
- Acknowledge the Housing License Agreement: The License Agreement is a legally binding document that covers the terms and conditions of living in Student Housing at LMU. It is binding for the entire academic year. You will need to read through the document found in the online application and electronically acknowledge that you understand and agree to the terms and conditions. An email will be sent to your LION email address confirming that you have completed this step and includes a link to a copy of the License Agreement. We encourage you to save a copy of the License Agreement for future reference.
- Non-Refundable Housing Deposit: You must pay a non-refundable $400 Housing Deposit ($450 if you are an incoming student) in order for your application to be considered complete. This non-refundable Housing Deposit is applied to your fall housing charges. If a student cancels after they have been assigned, they will forfeit the full Housing Deposit. For more information about canceling a housing assignment, please see our "Canceling Housing" webpage.
- Note: In order for your deposit to be accepted, your student account must be current. If you are behind on your payments, be sure to work with the Student Accounts office to bring your account current and pay the Housing Deposit well in advance.
- We recommend that you pay by Feb. 22nd at the latest as it may take up to two business days to receive record of your payment. Everyone in your group must pay this deposit before the application deadline. You may pay online at the Student Account Center found in MyLMU or by check at the Student Accounts Office (Charles Von der Ahe Building, 2nd Floor), be sure to include your ID number and indicate that payment is for the Housing Deposit.
- The preferred and quickest method of paying the housing deposit is online at the Student Account Center. If paying online, please log in to MyLMU and click on “Accounts & Tech” on the top to access the option titled “Student Account Center” from the drop down menu. Select the tab at the top of the screen titled "deposits." From the drop-down menu, select the "Fall 2022" term and finally the payment option titled "Fall 2022 Housing Deposit." Please note that this system only accepts U.S. personal checking and savings account information.
You can log in to your Student Housing portal to check the status of your application. Incomplete applications will be removed from any roommate groups if the deadline passes and will not receive housing through the Housing Selection Process.
Each student has been assigned an LMU classification (LMU Blue or LMU Crimson). This classification determines two things:
- Which students can be added to your Roommate Group
- Which rooms/buildings you can select from at your Selection Timeslot
Generally, Rising Sophomores are classified as LMU Blue and Rising Juniors and Seniors are classified as LMU Crimson. These classifications do not share the same spaces to choose from so the timing of choosing your rooms (LMU Blue room selection dates vs. LMU Crimson selection dates) do not conflict.
All students going through the Housing Selection Process will have the option to select their roommate(s) by being part of a roommate group. Share your Roommate Pairing Number with the designated group leader since they will need to enter these numbers into the housing application to create the group. More information can be found on the Select Your Roommate(s) page.
If you completed all the Housing application materials by the deadline, your timeslot will be available on Monday, March 10th, 2022 in the Student Housing Online Services portal via MyLMU. The timeslot will indicate the earliest time you can select your room online. Students will either receive an appointment time or be placed on the waitlist. Your appointment time or waitlist status will always be available on your housing portal.
How Do Timeslots Work?
Timeslots are generated randomly and distributed to students according to their classification (LMU Blue or LMU Crimson).
You have a greater chance of receiving an early timeslot if you are in a group of five, four, two and one respectively. Example: in a group of four, there are four chances of getting an early timeslot; in a group of two, there are two chances of getting an early timeslot; in a group of one, there is only one chance of getting an early timeslot. In a roommate group, the earliest timeslot of any group member that is drawn becomes the group's timeslot.
For students who do not receive a timeslot, these students will receive additional information about the housing waitlist.
Once the Housing application closes, every applicant who has completed a housing application will receive a timeslot. This timeslot gives each applicant the date and time at which the student will be able to log into their portal and select a room for themselves and their roommate group. More details regarding the room selection process can be found on the Select Your Room page.
Some students may not receive a timeslot. These students will be automatically placed on a waitlist in a random order and will be notified of their waitlist number - these students will be assigned to on-campus housing as soon as a space becomes available. If these students decide that they no longer want on-campus housing, they must fill out the "Housing License Agreement Release Request Form" found in Student Housing Online Services via MyLMU. If a student on the waitlist cancels before they are assigned housing, the $400 deposit may be credited to their student account.
The waitlist is maintained throughout the summer. Students are assigned to housing from the waitlist as space becomes available. If students are placed on the waitlist, they may be assigned separately from their original group. The $400 deposit can be credited to a student's account if they cancel from the waitlist before being assigned on-campus housing. In order to cancel from the waitlist, students will need to complete the "Housing License Agreement Release Request Form" found in Student Housing Online Services via MyLMU. Once a room assignment is made, the $400 deposit cannot be refunded for any reason. Also, keep in mind that there is a cancelation deadline of 30 days prior to the start of the fall semester. Students are not able to cancel their housing assignments after the cancelation deadline and will be obligated to the full housing charges for the academic year.