For the latest updates on how the University is responding to the COVID-19 Pandemic please visit:
Flu season is Here, it is important that you be prepared. In addition to getting a flu shot, which is highly recommended, here are some other easy precautions to prevent infection:
- Get a flu shot
- Washing hands often and well
- Using alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Covering coughs and sneezes
- Keeping one's distance from sick people
Here are some reasons why getting the flu vaccine is highly recommended by the CDC:
- Flu vaccines cause antibodies to develop in the body about two weeks after vaccination. These antibodies provide protection against infection with the viruses that are in the vaccine.
- While there are many different flu viruses, a flu vaccine protects against the viruses that research suggests will be most common. (See Vaccine Virus Selection for this season's vaccine composition.)
- Flu vaccination can reduce flu illnesses, doctors' visits, and missed work and school due to flu, as well as prevent flu-related hospitalizations
To book your flu shot, call SHS at (310) 338-2881 or book an appointment online through the MyHealth Portal through MyLMU.